whats everybody thoughts.......

How would SI put that in though? It is not really feasible as the database would have to be expanded to include only some of them as it would be impossible to include all of them and then SI would most likely have to purchase the rights to put them in the game. I consider it pretty pointless in my eyes. If you really want to you can put them in yourself using the editor.

In real life it certainly can work and help at some aspects of the game. For example you can have teams using ideas from american football to make people run certain patterns at corners to try and get a guy with a free header. In fm though those coaches would just come under very good fitness coaching so it wouldn't make much difference and some more options on set pieces would be nice.

Doesnt happen much IRL either apart from Woodward at Southampton and that went well didnt it!:p

Im confused as well as to what a rugby player could teach a goal keeper other than how to catch (or not) a ball thats a different shape and moves at a very different speed?

getting in the right position to catch it through running and positioning etc. ive seen a few proffesional keepers train using rugby balls, gets them used to awkward bounces and getting firmer grip when they catch

getting in the right position to catch it through running and positioning etc. ive seen a few proffesional keepers train using rugby balls, gets them used to awkward bounces and getting firmer grip when they catch

That would come under Goalkeeping training, or Ball Control training. Nothing really needed to be added to the game for it.

Yep, also there are coaches in the footballing game that have coached other sports and just fell into it, there's no need to specify where they came from.

Hell, one of my brother's friends qualified from Imperial in Applied Physics and ended up coaching one of the chelsea youth teams for a while a few years ago.

Sports are sports, there'll always be application and theory that bridge them all, and personnel that will cross boundaries because of it. There's no area of the game that would benefit by pointing this out as far as i can see.

Archived