Why am I held responsible for the previous manager's awful team talks?

I have just taken over Newcastle in 2013 after Mark Hughes led them to glorious relegation to the Championship, and all the players are REALLY p*ssed off and seem to hold ME responsible for everything he did wrong as soon as I've walked in the door! All the players have ridiculously low morale, are saying 'upset with the way YOU (i.e. ME!) talk to the players on match day', 'feel you've been harsh with them', 'treated unfairly' etc. etc. Point is, I didn't do any of the things that have upset them, so why are they holding me responsible?

Why isn't it 'player is upset with the way the PREVIOUS MANAGER talked to his players' or something like that? Most of the players want to leave because of the way Sparky treated them, and according to them it is no longer his fault, it's MINE! Is there a way around this?

It's low morale, but the text programmed in doesn't seem to allow them to be peeved at the previous manager.

Win a couple of games. Couple of good games, praise the top performers in the press (at least 5 games in, I'd say) and you should see an improvement.

Cheers! That's kind've what I thought was happening. Perhaps one for the SI Developers to look at in future. As a diehard Toon fan, it's not nice to have Shay Given and Stevie Taylor having a go at me in the game when it wasn't even me who annoyed them!

You need to earn their respect - priase them up, win games, be appreciative of results away fropm home

Use the media to help

Thanks - yeah, I realise that. The Leeds team that I left to join Newcastle were a very happy bunch! I used praise where good, threw teacups when they played badly - morale really high and good team spirit. The board said 'happy with the pleasant atmosphere in the dressing room' and all that.

However, surely when you take over a new club, they players should all be 'waiting to see how the new manager changes things' or something, rather than them having a go at me for team talks and media comments that I didn't even deliver or make in the first place!!! Seems a bit unfair that I don't start from a clean slate with the players.

Sometimes when my assistant does the team talk, players are unhappy with me. Does my nut in.

Yes mate! You're absolutely right! I've had that as well so stopped ever using the aptly named Ass Man.

Another one is where he nominates some donkey of a player for Footballer of the Year, and all your players think you're a muppet!!

Sack your assistant and get one with lower level of discipline and high man management and motivating skills. :)

This should sort it out... :)

That's a weird one! I uinderstand the high man management and motivating, but why the low discipline?

And another thing - why is the board holding me responsible for Sparky's crap performance as manager? He is the one that got Newcastle relegated to the Championship, so why are the club's board annoyed with me because of the club's stature?!! I promised the board that I'd win the Championship and I've got Newcastle to the top of the Championship ready to go straight back into the Prem (unbeaten so far as well), so why do the board think 'I should be performing better in my role'??? Team atmosphere is excellent, finances are excellent, performances are excellent - what more do they want?

Oh, one more thing - I brought a few good young players in to the Newcastle squad then put them up for loan and offered them on loan to clubs, but it keeps coming up with 'clubs are put off offering for XXX because of his recent arrival'. I'm not trying to sell them, I'm trying to loan them to get experience. Why can't I get them sent out on loan? Cheers in advance to anyone who can help with that one...it's really annoying...

I have just taken over Newcastle in 2013 after Mark Hughes led them to glorious relegation to the Championship, and all the players are REALLY p*ssed off and seem to hold ME responsible for everything he did wrong as soon as I've walked in the door! All the players have ridiculously low morale, are saying 'upset with the way YOU (i.e. ME!) talk to the players on match day', 'feel you've been harsh with them', 'treated unfairly' etc. etc. Point is, I didn't do any of the things that have upset them, so why are they holding me responsible?

Why isn't it 'player is upset with the way the PREVIOUS MANAGER talked to his players' or something like that? Most of the players want to leave because of the way Sparky treated them, and according to them it is no longer his fault, it's MINE! Is there a way around this?

Do you have a save game at this point or just before you took over the job? If so, could you post in our Bugs Forum and upload the save to our FTP? Thanks.

Do you have a save game at this point or just before you took over the job? If so, could you post in our Bugs Forum and upload the save to our FTP? Thanks.

I've tried to do this quite a few times. All I ever get is "An error occured copying the file. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server."

This thread may help you: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

If not, have you tried using an FTP client such as Smart FTP?

Err, no. I get the FTP folder up in Windows, so I can see all the other files in there. As soon as I try to copy my save game in there too it gives the error I mentioned before.

Under 'Details', it says:

200 Type set to I

227 Entering Passive Mode (then a load of numbers)

550 Permission Denied

Archived