1 question to SI to answer only!

People write huge messages, and thats because the game means a lot to them. And when you invest weeks of your life playing the game, I can see why people get so ****ed, me included.

I have held off till now, like a few people i know. But i have recently bought it - but will not play it till the next patch.

So my 1 question - I want to start a long game - Will the bojan bug be fixed in the next patch, a simple yes/no - please

You have my money - so a no will just mean i will wait hopefully for 2010 to allow me to play a long game without total frustration/ and all my achievements undermined by bugs.

I earn fairly good wage of £15 a hour, I wonder how much people would pay for a bug free game, when you spend 100's of hours playing it.

Just out of curiosity, what is the 'bojan bug'?

I haven't been in GQ lately so excuse me if its been discussed alot.

Bojan, & a lot of talented young players on youth contracts at the start of the game, usually get released at the end of the first season. Its known as the 'Bojan bug' because of the amount of threads made on this issue referring to Bojan I think.

People write huge messages, and thats because the game means a lot to them. And when you invest weeks of your life playing the game, I can see why people get so ****ed, me included.

I have held off till now, like a few people i know. But i have recently bought it - but will not play it till the next patch.

So my 1 question - I want to start a long game - Will the bojan bug be fixed in the next patch, a simple yes/no - please

You have my money - so a no will just mean i will wait hopefully for 2010 to allow me to play a long game without total frustration/ and all my achievements undermined by bugs.

I earn fairly good wage of £15 a hour, I wonder how much people would pay for a bug free game, when you spend 100's of hours playing it.

Making this thread isn't going to get a response from SI any quicker, simple as that really. The change list usually revealed at the same time the patch is released.

id quite like an update of what they are addressing in the patch actually

not a time its out or anything

just what they intend to fix and that

Still, no point in feeding people false hope when they're not totally sure that they have fixed a bug properly.

I can't give you the firm answer that you're asking for, but I can tell you that I've personally been looking hard at this and at least one of the other testers has been too. As you know, it doesn't just affect Bojan so it's not as simple as just raising his reputation or something. What you have to remember is that these things are affected by any number of variables, and messing with them can potentially lead to other problems. For example, if the fix for this went too far you might end up with no clubs ever releasing young players. This would destroy the game over the long term. We have to try to get the balance right and it's difficult to get it perfect.

thanks for the reply

i did look to see what the majority of pple were upset about, and this i felt was a real issue, and i didnt see a confirmed answer on a fix, sorry if i have repeated it! ( for some ppl that means they must waste minutes of their life getting that off their chest) If its not an interesting topic move on, the title did suggest it wasnt for you!

I'll be back in feb - hope its something which can be fixed

The one thing that I want eradicated is the "My player is closest to the ball but he inexplicably stops in his tracks, letting the opponent nick the ball from under his nose"

If this doesn't get cured by the next patch them I'll give up the ghost and never purchase another instalment of Football Manager.

Just out of interest, why bother posting this? Just seems like a pointless and arrogant thing to say, how does the fact you earn a decent wage affect any of us?

Very true, nobody gives a flying F......k what you earn, i could be broke but still play FM so it doesnt make any difference. If you earn so much why dont you invest in sega shares, then you might get some better results for yourself. As far as im concerned their is no problem with the game, yes their is still some bugs but its hardly game breaking.

I don't understand why people can't wait till after the real life transfer market to end .. so we can get the updated transfers.

just wait like the rest of us.

he wasnt asking when it would be out

he was just asking for an update on whether a certain bug was being addressed

and one of the people from SI who is addressing this bug said 'why, yes it is being addressed'

cant ask for more than that

nowt drama

he wasnt asking when it would be out

he was just asking for an update on whether a certain bug was being addressed

and one of the people from SI who is addressing this bug said 'why, yes it is being addressed'

cant ask for more than that

nowt drama

Im on about everybody else in general who asked when its coming out or moan they want it now.

Im on about everybody else in general who asked when its coming out or moan they want it now.

I agree with you but I don't think anyone in this thread is whining about the patch taking so long.

Personally I don't mind how long it takes; as long as it completely eradicates the bugs that are game-breakers (in my opinion) then I'll be happy to wait for as long as it takes. I don't give a flying fig about the data update, I just want the bugs ironed out.

If the patch brings more bugs into the game than it takes away then I will truly stop buying Football Manager. I haven't had a serious career going yet because I'm still awaiting the patch situation to be sorted. I've had a couple of practice seasons under my belt, but that doesn't count. It's got to the point where I'm questioning paying £20-ish for a game that I don't play.

Archived