Captains Age

I think you should pick someone who has been at the club longer. Also even though influence is an important attribute to consider when selecting a captain I also think you should consider things like age (an old head is much better than a young one I think), determination, teamwork, work rate and language. I think language is important because if the captain doesn't speak the same language as the rest of the team then imo he wouldn't make much of a captain because his teammates wouldn't understand what he was saying.

I think you should pick someone who has been at the club longer. Also even though influence is an important attribute to consider when selecting a captain I also think you should consider things like age (an old head is much better than a young one I think), determination, teamwork, work rate and language. I think language is important because if the captain doesn't speak the same language as the rest of the team then imo he wouldn't make much of a captain because his teammates wouldn't understand what he was saying.

Hear, here! Although I add Composure to that list...even changed team squad.xml so's to see Work Rate under the Mental view...and to add that my captians will be either a DC, DM, or MC on my starting XI.

Finding the Perfect Captian is a major undertaking for me, one I'm going to have to restart soon, as my current PC isn't good enough to be an every day starter on my newly-promoted side.

17 = way to young, let him get more games in the prem and after a year or two/three he maybe ready (or not).

My captains are normally domestic players, late 20 and either a DMC, MD or DC, only in a rare exception a GK or ST will be captain.

Composure won't have anything to do with it. It's debatable that Teamwork does, but Composure is for strikers (or whoever's shooting) in mostly one-on-one situations.

Yeah, I know that's what they say. But for some reason, players with low composure seem to get more cards, and a team captianed by a low-composurer (is that a word? I think not...) seems to get carded more often. Just something I've noticed, though it's most likely due to other factors.

My current captain is 24, I picked him because in one season he got nominated for best player in BSS compo, not getting top three though, fans player of the year and already on favoured personnel list. Also my other captain, last season, was 19, and last year spoke of the pressure.

hehe 17 no way, he will crumble under the pressure. You might notice that it takes a good captain to be a captain and also pull off good performances. You might have noticed this in other games where you don't use your regular captain and the new captain plays really badly? That is because of this.

Archived