Emergency goalkeepers

You can sign a goal keeper at any time as its a position its very difficult to have addequate cover for espically in lower leagues. I dont know exactly how the feature works as the onyl time I have needed it was when I had one keeper injured and one banned. Unfortunately it was a CL semi final and the player wouldnt have been registered :(

• 10 months later...

OK, my first foray into the Emergency Goalkeeper scenario has been less than successful.

It's March, my #1 got injured and my backup goalkeeper has been out on loan with a "can be recalled" clause since the January window (and had been regitered to play for me in the EPL in he first half of the season).

I tried recalling my backup, but he was ineligable to play.

So I signed an emergency goalkeeper on loan (and paid £2m for a 3 month loan!) and what do I find when he arrives?

Ineligable to play. :mad::confused:

Er... so, what's the rule for, then? And how does it work?

What's the point signing an emergency goalkeeper that you can't play in Premiership matches?

I read this thread and it jynxed me, Sergio Asenjo just got injured and now I have been knocked out in the F.A cup 5th round, Ended my 20 game unbeaten run to Man City who have now closed the gap on me and I am lost my 1st round 1st leg CL tie against Ajax and now I have the League Cup final to play. What a time for my goalie to get injured.

I guess you can sign an under 21 GK who doesn't require registration.

Yes, and had I thought of that before I blew £2m on a loan deal for a player I can't actually use, I might've gone for a youngster instead. :D

You'd think one of my coaching staff would've piped up with something like, "Er boss, 2 million quid for a 3 month loan of a player you can't play... are you shrooming?"

Archived