Thinking of taking the Plunge but Unsure

Hi All,

For the first time since the first Champ man and later Footy manager i have not bought a footy manager on the release date. IMO i think they have often taken steps backwards rather than fawards although i have still found myself purchasing and playing for some time lol :)

Reason I have not taken the delve this time is I have been partaking in FML of which paired with my many 360 games would mean i have no time for 09. However now i have quite FML for now as i find it a little, well to put it politely, pants, too many issues with it for me, may take a look back in future after a few patches have been released but i cant see a long term future for it as the market is ruined already, not SI's fault of coarse as you cant exactly stop it, its the nature of the beast so to speak, well unless you put a limit on hight of bids can make based on value but then everyone will just offer the roof bid and that wouldnt work either.

ANYWAY, me and a mate are debating as we have both left FML, getting 09 now to fill the void. BUT we have both heard bad things on the game and both were not realy kean on the whole 3d match engine.

So could you please pop some opinions on here for us so we can decide if its worth it or not, would be nice to know if you can turn off 3d engine? does the networking games work ok as we hope to start a league up with mates? what are the best of the new features? what are the worst? ultimately is it worth it???

Thanks in advance

I would recommend FM 09 - purely because for me, it had been the most addictive FM yet. I don't know about your networking question because I never play online with FM. The best new features (In my opinion) would be improvments to board confidence, loads more details and stats on the information screen, the transfer system revamp , the timebar underneath the pitch (I find this very helpful) and the assistant manager feedback. Obviously these are my favourite new/improved features but you may like other new features such as Press conferences and the 3D match engine, which I feel SI need to work on to get them at their best. The worst feature in my opinion would be the 3D match engine which isnt as good as I hoped, but 2D classic is fine for me for now. Finally, I would say it is worth it, especialy if you are addicted to Football Mnager games like me :D

I can only find complaints mainly on the first two pages or queries on bugs etc, so your saying dont bother ? ? ?

Nope, i'm saying that you shouldn't rely on the opinion of a forum because you'll usually get a negative response. People who dislike the game are going to be more vocal than those who like it.

In honesty though, it's reduced to £20 in the sales, that's half the price of a PS3 or Xbox game so stop being a skinflint and give it a go.

Nope, i'm saying that you shouldn't rely on the opinion of a forum because you'll usually get a negative response. People who dislike the game are going to be more vocal than those who like it.

In honesty though, it's reduced to £20 in the sales, that's half the price of a PS3 or Xbox game so stop being a skinflint and give it a go.

lol i aint no skin flint but why waste money.

However the opinions left so far are convincing, im off to the store now to pick up a copy and ive told the Mrs the TV's all hers tonight hehe.

Im glad people still enjoy and think its a good game thats reassuring especialy since this is on a forumn as nomis says you normally only get the negative on a forum. :)

Archived