I am a bully of a manager :P

I am feeling rather mean at the moment, I have caused Nuno Valente to retire.

He kept on pestering me for a game, and I kept ignoring him, therefore his reason for retiring was he found it hard to break into the first team, and basically feels there is no point trying anymore so he has decided to hang up his boots.

Muahahaha!

im trying to get a 35 year old michael owen to retire. he was playing great until the age of 34, but this year he cant hit a barn door with a shot gun.

Problem is hes too expensive to release, wont become a coach and not worth anything anymore...

RETIRE YOU ****ing *****rd

I'm quite a fan of playing the older players, even if they are somewhat past it. I give my keeper Sorensen a run out whenever I can and he's now 36, on another save I have a veteran Henry still making cameo appearances, with them not aging as bad this year around its good to be able to do it. I try to prevent them from retiring, one that did annoy me, was buying Martin Palermo and he scored 25, and had 34 assists and retired at the end of the season, really annoying as I wasn't able to aptly replace him and next season my pacey striker was hopeless without a targetman feeding him.

The trick with that I've found is, becuase usually they have no interest, let their contract get to like 1 month within expiring, or even expired for a few days then their demands drop significantly lol. I've done it with a lot of my older players, and players getting to be 29+ in general.

im trying to get a 35 year old michael owen to retire. he was playing great until the age of 34, but this year he cant hit a barn door with a shot gun.

Problem is hes too expensive to release, wont become a coach and not worth anything anymore...

RETIRE YOU ****ing *****rd

Perfectly realistic though. In real life it's idiot chairmen like Ashley and Abramovic who give old warhorses stupidly long contracts (how much will Fat Frank be earning when he's hobbling on his zimmer frame with the reserves?). In FM you the manager carry the can for the length of contract! So, did YOU give Owen his contract, or did you inherit the situation?

I am feeling rather mean at the moment, I have caused Nuno Valente to retire.

He kept on pestering me for a game, and I kept ignoring him, therefore his reason for retiring was he found it hard to break into the first team, and basically feels there is no point trying anymore so he has decided to hang up his boots.

Muahahaha!

And i've just invented a new game, how quickly can i get Joey Barton to throw in his boots! Cheers for that!

Perfectly realistic though. In real life it's idiot chairmen like Ashley and Abramovic who give old warhorses stupidly long contracts (how much will Fat Frank be earning when he's hobbling on his zimmer frame with the reserves?). In FM you the manager carry the can for the length of contract! So, did YOU give Owen his contract, or did you inherit the situation?

Very good question - i susspect that i gave him a longer contract - in fact, i did, i gave him a two year extension - but at the time, he justified it, its just that the very next season, he became crap.

I have made people retire as well but I like to have older players making appearnces!

Thierry Henry is now 35, was on £25k a week, now wants £7.5k a week to play on another year!

Seydou Keita is now 32, was on £22.5k a week, now wants £17.5k a week to play another two years!

Ledley King is now 32, was on £50k a wweek, now wants £18k a week to play another year!

Henry is past it really but is useful back up but Keita and King are still good enough!

Archived