Free copy of CM01/02 with data update 2008

KUBI

Nostalgia.

A lot of people still thinking of that version as the best or at least the best before the split.

The lads at Eidos/BGS will release a free downloadable version with a up-to-date data patch as a christmas present.

Not that bad. I know this is the place to discuss FM only, but I think for a lot of hardcore fans something to tell.

Aha. The link via Eidos is wrong. Well, wrongish. (wow, Eidos screw up something as basic as a link, I'll buy CM09!).

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5005

Is the update.

At least Eidos have the balls too push their release date all the way to summer 2009 so they can iron out all bugs and release what looks to be a good version of CM...for a change.

thats ace dloading tht right now i loved cm 01/02 was class and screm CM09 FM will always rule for now good work for u matey

BTW we should have a points system for users with decent threads and people who give fast and good answers who agrees ?

SI really, and I mean REALLY need to have a go at this.

Just to remind themselves how responsive FM could be. Ok it's an old game running on modern hardware, so it's bound to be pretty slick. But it's INSTANT. If I want to search for a player a huge box appears that I just tick stuff off that I want. I don't need to go "Add filter, Age, Less than, 25, Add filter, Nationality, is, English" etc etfreakingcetera.

Now there is no reason FM can't have a filter system like that.

Makes you realise how bloated and sluggish 09 is. And wholly user-unfriendly. "Why do it with two clicks when we can make them use 50" seems to be the mantra.

Ho hum.

Anyway, back to CM01. You can mount it in DT, no burning needed. You need to grab the patch from the site I linked to, too.

VB

Archived