Your International jobs

Ever thought you would try your hand at international managment after been successful at club level? Any funny stories? I applied for the morrocan job on 08 and got it, my first game was against hong kong (i think) or someone around there, chinese taipai maybe, anyway i was selectin my squad when i noticed i didnt have a goalkeeper, so i looked in the pool (nothing) couldnt find any in teams in the leagues i was running so i player searched one, and there was none, so i stuck a defender in goal and got hammered 8-0. my first game in charge of morroco and unsuprisingly my last.

You got sacked after one match? Didn't think that was possible.

No i left, i didn't see the point in managing a international side without a keeper. wouldn't be much fun, fortunatly i went on to greater success with england winning the world cup twice.

I've just taken over Switzerland on my game, I've brought across a couple of good regens from there so there seems to be some good stock there. Not played a game yet but it looks to be a challenge and I've got to wait 3 or 4 years for players to come good. That Gokhan Inler though, he looks absolutely amazing and is at man city on my game, there was a nice touch about me not being able to speak german in the press conference, its genuinely a shame the game can't really take the context of comments lol.

As the manager of Bari (with automatic experience set at start-up) I applied for the Nigeria job a few months before the 2010 World Cup to boost my reputation a bit. After an incredible streak of luck, we won the World CUP :)

Now I'm managing Inter and I just qualified for the 2014 World Cup with Mali after fighting it out with Egypt in the third round of qualifying. Even in the last round, playing the mighty Equatorial Guinea away, we actually dropped to third place after going down a goal early, but by the end of the game we were on top (thank you, D.R. Congo). No chance of winning the World Cup this time unfortunately, as my strikeforce is a bit cack, but it'll be nice to be there anyway.

hmmm well while i am waiting for the new patch to be released i might try my hand at the international scene. i was manager of argentina on 07 or 08 cant remembber now and i won the world cup i decided to step down after that because how much better can you get and it looks good stepping down after winning the world cup...they asked me back couple days later...so i accepted........ did terrible after that.

went england on 08 got knocked out in quater finals of both 08 euro and 2010 world cup

On FM 08, after winning the triple with Ajax (uefa, league, cup), i got hired by both Brazil and Inter for second season, though i was sacked by Inter before the new year, i did actualy go on and win the Confederations and World cups with Brazil.

On FM 09 though, i started a game as a semi-pro manager with Colchester, so i am still to hit fame, but i did get an international job with Bolivia on 2011(yeah, that's right unfortunately), though i have yet to have a match with them.

Archived