Rich Chairman! NOT AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT!

Im Newcastle and i had a takeover in the 1st season (mid march time) by a Norwegian business tycoon by the name of Arild Moe. He ploughed lots & lots of cash in, he:

upgraded training & youth facilities

expanded my capacity to 60000

gave me 140mill 2nd season to spend

gave me 160mill 3rd season to spend

gave me 170mill 4th season to spend

i won nothing 1st season but finished 3rd. i couldnt use his money because i got taken over after the transfer window

2nd season i won the champs league & fa cup & finished runners up, i spent heavily in the summer

3rd season i won the league, league cup, champs league, charity shield, supercup & world club champs. i bought Ronaldo & Balotelli that season

iv just started the 4th season. i got Ribery on a free, Pato for 100mill.

my point is that its become so easy after just 3 seasons. i thought his money would be put in gradually!

Its become quite boring. Has anyone else had this???

my team is:

GK: Mandanda, im signing Akinfeev on a free in December

LB: Sakho

RB: Collicini

CB: Thiago Silva

CB: Taylor

ML: Ribery or Giovinco

MR: Ronaldo or Adu

MC: Defour, Vukenic, Pinzo, Wiltshere

DM: Camacho, Denilson, Sunny

FC: Vela

FC: Pato

My other striker are Balotelli, Torok, Damien Deschamps & Kierisson

man i play as the toon but i got taken over by a member of the board /slap. You get no extra money that season but there is still a fair chance you can get around 30 million the next season and ofc you can sell players on top of that.

man i play as the toon but i got taken over by a member of the board /slap. You get no extra money that season but there is still a fair chance you can get around 30 million the next season and ofc you can sell players on top of that.

Iv had newcastle games before and iv been taken over by board members every time. thats why i was so happy this time.

But before it was a hell of alot more of a challenge. Im gona see this season out then move on i think

There's your answer, don't pay silly money for players, even if you've got it. That way you'll still have to hunt for players to buy and develop them into stars. Gives you more to do.

im doing exactly that though. iv got about 10 young stars.

The amount of money seems daft but if its a very rare evenmt that can happend to any club then its realistic in the mould of Chelsea and Man City. However as in real life they've not won a lot with it. Loads of money doesn't always make teams, but it helps

IVe got a transfer budget in my 4th season as newcastle of £140million...

How much have I spent? 22million - all on good youth players - I refuse to spend all that money on 'names' and I want to develop my team for the long term.

My team in 2012

Given/ Asenjo

Coloccini/ Monongu

Taylor/ Corluka

Breno/ Kadar

Caceres/ Ferandez

Ramsey/ Jonas

Van Der Vaart

Romero

Wiltshire/ Norman

Owen/ Dos Santos

Keirrison

Out of those 6 were at newcastle befoe I started and 10 were bought below the age of 20 - no one was bought for more than 15million

I am playing the Toon too and got lucky as well.

So if you are taken over by a tycoon, he will insert money in every year?

Just spent my entire budget ('just' 87m though) on new players and now I wonder if I can spend big again next season or if this is now the improved base on which I'll have to build up myself.

I always leave when my team gets bought out and i have millions.

Not right away, i like to get a few championships on my CV before leaving but i like a challenge.

Guess that's what I would do too if I won a few titles. (have yet to achieve that kind of success).

Then move on to League 1 or 2 :)

Well in 08 i took rushden to the premiership and we only just managed to stay up in our first season. Got bought out, won the prem and the champions league then i left mid season cause it wasn't any fun. Went to Wolves and eventually stopped playing... lol

Archived