Player Ratings

Player ratings?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Player ratings?

• Like the new player rating
    • Hate the new player rating
    • Dont really care either way

This year SI have changed the player ratings, now I believe that the player ratings are bugged and hopefully SI will be able to sort it out, but I want to know if people like the new decimile system? If im honest I dont like it, I much preferred a simple 6 or 7 rather than 6.5, I find it's harder to judge my player over all performance for a few games.

Do people feel the same as me or do you like the new player rating system?

Well that's a different system. That's averaging votes from thousands of people.

If you take a rating system from a journalist in a newspaper then I don't think he will look at a performance and give a player "6.7" rather than 6.5. I don't mean to be facetious, but where do you stop? 6.755? I might be wrong but I've never seen it. I'm just saying my preference is for halves in a visual sense even if the match engine is using more precise data.

Like everything else in FM, I wish I had to choice to display ratings in halves like I have the choice to choose centimeters or dollars. The game is complicated enough as it is in my view.

Cheers

9L

Well that's a different system. That's averaging votes from thousands of people.

If you take a rating system from a journalist in a newspaper then I don't think he will look at a performance and give a player "6.7" rather than 6.5. I don't mean to be facetious, but where do you stop? 6.755? I might be wrong but I've never seen it. I'm just saying my preference is for halves in a visual sense even if the match engine is using more precise data.

Like everything else in FM, I wish I had to choice to display ratings in halves like I have the choice to choose centimeters or dollars. The game is complicated enough as it is in my view.

Cheers

9L

Thats how I feel about it, I would prefer that I had the option between having decimals are not, I think it wouldnt be hard to implement, I do agree that more information is better but player ratings is something I was already happy with and they have been the other way since the beginning. I suppose im not a big fan of change

• 4 weeks later...

I hate the decimals system. I have given it a while now in the hope i'd get used to it but I simply hate it. Decimals are good enough for the average over a number of games, but not as an individual match. Like other posters have said, players in real life don't get rated as 6.7/10, they would get a 7. Leave the decimals to a cumulative rating only IMO.

Something else I really dislike too is the form ratings of the last 5 games. I much preferred the old method of 6-7-7-5-8 rather than a 6.93 or whatever. I am seriously now thinking of going back to FM 08 because more and more things are really irritating about this version. Unfortunately I probably couldn't bring myself to going back as there are some pretty decent new things in 09 like the transfer system that I much prefer.

Archived