A question

Ok, I haven't got FM09 yet, I'm getting it for Xmas. But from the general consensus on the site and the amount of issues stickied on this forum, I'm getting the feeling that there were a lot of mistakes with this release. I know that overall this is a really good game, but I'm now hesitant in getting this game in case something goes wrong or it causes me hours of hassle just trying to activate it.

Just wondering, is it like this every year, and should this put me off buying it this year?

Thanks in advance...:thup:

definately buy it. I would also download the patch now sp its less time when you install it.

On xmas day set the alarm for 00:01, open up the game and load it up and get playing. You may have won the league before anyone else is out of bed

I think this is definitely the best FM yet. And I'm not just saying that either. I thought FM06 was better than 07 and 08, but this is by far the best.

I agree, and like all those before I am carrying on my tradition of ****ing :(

But from the general consensus on the site and the amount of issues stickied on this forum, I'm getting the feeling that there were a lot of mistakes with this release.

Most people only post on these forums because they've got a problem of some kind, so you're not getting a 'general consensus' of everybody who's got the game.

Most people only post on these forums because they've got a problem of some kind, so you're not getting a 'general consensus' of everybody who's got the game.

Now that is nitpicking if I ever saw it :)

Does the saying go like that? Im heading for a severe beating from the off topic paddle...

Ok, I haven't got FM09 yet, I'm getting it for Xmas. But from the general consensus on the site and the amount of issues stickied on this forum, I'm getting the feeling that there were a lot of mistakes with this release. I know that overall this is a really good game, but I'm now hesitant in getting this game in case something goes wrong or it causes me hours of hassle just trying to activate it.

Just wondering, is it like this every year, and should this put me off buying it this year?

Thanks in advance...:thup:

If I were you I would download the demo first before you or anyone else spends any money. That way you can make sure that it works with your current setup. As for the activation do you have a pc or a mac? If its a mac then you won't need to activate.

If I were you I would download the demo first before you or anyone else spends any money. That way you can make sure that it works with your current setup. As for the activation do you have a pc or a mac? If its a mac then you won't need to activate.

I've tried the demo and it does set up fine on my computer after a few initial prblems to do with DirectX. I've got a windows, so i will need to authenticate.

I think these forums do give a decent representation of the 'Fm Community'. To be honest most of the issues that were first evident will have been ironed out by the time you get the game. It appears to me personaly that every year SI release the game when its not really ready and some really basic and major errors are always evident now which leads to people on these forums giving their opinions. No game is perfect but a game BY LAW must at least work and some of the errors and misinterpretations that SI made were comical. Overall in my opinion the game is good and is a new chapter in the FM series but it won't be until the next game release that SI will feel the force of the farsical release of this game.

Archived