Ridiculous amount of passes

has ny1 else had this, it happens in probably lyk 75% of my games where the opposition CM's & Fullbacks have over 100passes usually with the 2 CMs having over 150 passes!! this is very unrealistic even Arsenal who do nothing but pass the ball wouldnt have that many, its impossible to do nything about it & it results in the opposition getting like 70-80% possesion

Also why do all the computer teams seem to all play a flat 4-4-2 formation with wingers farrows & a of the cms a barrow to CDM, its quite stupid the teams become super when they play it.

Man mark them and increase closing down, and buy players with high work rate.
the problem with that is im in 2034 where everyone seems to have useless physical stats o if i do that they will only get tired very quickly.

Originally posted by AB-forever:

To address your last point:

CSKA Moscow are very dominant (in the Russian league anyway) using a 3-4-1-2 formation and several of the other teams play formations like 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-2-1-2.

In my game obviously icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by dsdookie:

has ny1 else had this, it happens in probably lyk 75% of my games where the opposition CM's & Fullbacks have over 100passes usually with the 2 CMs having over 150 passes!! this is very unrealistic even Arsenal who do nothing but pass the ball wouldnt have that many, its impossible to do nything about it & it results in the opposition getting like 70-80% possesion

Watch one of your games in full 90 minute highlights to see what the oppo defence actually does. Maybe they play slow tempo, patiently waiting for your bored players to drift out of position.

When I use a DM playmaker he often makes 120 passes at 90%+ success-rate. It's not really that weird.

I think it's a known problem, although I don't know if it's being fixed or we are supposed to sounteract it. As phnompehnhandy says, watch a full match and you'll see the opposition defence just pass it amongst themselves time wasting. To counteract it just close down more or as Law_man said man mark some of the defenders.

Also why do all the computer teams seem to all play a flat 4-4-2 formation with wingers farrows & a of the cms a barrow to CDM, its quite stupid the teams become super when they play it.

That's not true as Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Ac Milan tend to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in my game.

How about this news item pertaining to a Euro game yesterday:

A 30 second spell at the end of the first half of the Greece v Sweden game seemed to drag for an eternity when the holders' (still doesn't sound right, even four years on) backline carefully knocked the ball around their backline. That was dull anti-football, but what was almost worse was the seeming lack of urgency from the Swedes to actually get the thing back.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_3664298,00.html

That 30-second spell could well extend to long periods in some games.

as a team or just 1 player??? im talking about individual players having over 150 passes

If you watch the full match you will see a triangle of defenders pass the ball between themselves about 25 times in 2 minutes, time wasting. So each of them will have made 25 passes and this adds up as they continue to "waste time" during the match.

IMO it should be corrected, as i've watched the opposition do it even though they are losing icon_confused.gif There are ways to counteract it and I gave them in my previous post, although you will still see it from time to time.

I had this when Werder Bremen played West Ham in the UEFA cup. I ended up putting all my players on closing down, man marking and all sorts which is ridiculous really - as the home team there's no way we should have to have our creative midfielders man marking opposition players.

Even that made precious little difference though. It was a master class in anti-football from West Ham, made all the worse by the fact that we made one slight defensive error allowing them to score a 30-yard goal to add to their 2-0 lead from their home leg. Apart from that they made no attempt to play the ball forward at all. I guess it is fair enough in a sense - their tactic worked to get them through, although that was as much because we wasted the 16 chances we made from our 34% possession as it was because they kept the ball, but I very rarely see any team play so negatively in real life.

Well, that is until I watched Greece play Sweden the other night...now I begin to feel maybe West Ham's "kill football" tactic was realistic after all icon_frown.gif

ok well i watched Spain v Sweden & most of the time all spain was doin was passing & the stats came up at around the 60min mark & they had 400passes, i jus playd AC Milan in the UCL semi's & jus calculated all there passes it = 887 passes with four of there players having over 100 & one of them having 188

Archived