Conceding in the 1st min with ultra defensive tactics

I'm managing Newcastle, I know that the defence is nothing to shout about, but it's simply ridiculous when I concede in the game almost immediately even when I'm on ultra defensive.

I've experimented using all the default tactics/formations as well as my own and setting them to ultra defensive instructions, and then whoa... I concede in the first minute.

I think the AI is pretty silly... how can it be when I have 6 at the back and set to ultra defensive and then I concede within the 1st min??? :confused::thdn:

It's your tactics.

Annoying as it may be that is simply the best answer to give to your problem. It happens in real life on occasion, a team will be up against superior opposition so will have to play defensive, only to get ripped apart right from the kick off.

And remember, if you're sitting back too much and inviting pressure then you will conceed goals. This wil also be the case if you sit back and don't close down good players as they can then either pick out a killer pass or blast the ball into the net while under relatively little pressure.

maybe its because you are sitting back and inviting pressure

Yup. To avoid conceding a goal, don't go ultra defensive, but try to counter the opposition's formation. I often play 4-5-1 with an extra man in midfield. Tempo slow, time wasting high, medium defence, long balls from the back, a fast, pacy striker (he's set as my target man with the target man supply being "run onto ball", and so on.

Simply going to all out defence with sliders on max defence will simply invite the opposition to create chances.

Oh, and this should really be in the tactics forum.

You dont say how the goal was scored though... Screamer from long range?
It's your tactics.

Annoying as it may be that is simply the best answer to give to your problem. It happens in real life on occasion, a team will be up against superior opposition so will have to play defensive, only to get ripped apart right from the kick off.

And remember, if you're sitting back too much and inviting pressure then you will conceed goals. This wil also be the case if you sit back and don't close down good players as they can then either pick out a killer pass or blast the ball into the net while under relatively little pressure.

I do agree somewhat... but to have it happen all the time is quite crazy...

In real life it happens sometimes... not ALL the time :D

I do agree somewhat... but to have it happen all the time is quite crazy...

In real life it happens sometimes... not ALL the time :D

If it happens all the time then to me that's a definite indicator that there's something wrong with your tactics.

Remember, this is not happening to the majority of people that I've seen posting on here. That means it has to be down to something you are, or are not, doing in the game ;)

Nay... I'm not concerned about tactics in this case as I've mentioned trying all the preloaded tactics, I'm just bringing this up here as I reckon it could be a bug and/or something wrong with the AI :rolleyes:

Not a bug and no, there isn't. If it was a bug and not your tactics, we'd be innundated with similar complaints... yours is the first so you should look into your tactics and players.

You would be better off asking in the Tactics & Training Forum.
If it happens all the time then to me that's a definite indicator that there's something wrong with your tactics.

Remember, this is not happening to the majority of people that I've seen posting on here. That means it has to be down to something you are, or are not, doing in the game ;)

Brother, I did mention trying out the different tactics haven't I? :confused:

You're telling me that all the preloaded tactics and my own are ********? :rolleyes:

Not a bug and no, there isn't. If it was a bug and not your tactics, we'd be innundated with similar complaints... yours is the first so you should look into your tactics and players.

Just because it's the first doesn't mean there's no cause for error. Anyway just bringing it to mention. Since it's being dismissed at first instance and you don't even seem to understand that I've tried everything on the same game, then so be it.

No point in me arguing till the cows come home.

Thanks anyway ;)

So you're telling me that you've tried all of the pre-loaded tactics and every time you conceed in the very first minute?

Yes, that is correct.

So you're telling me that you've tried all of the pre-loaded tactics and every time you conceed in the very first minute?
Yes, that is correct.

That suggests very different issue than "tactics", to me.

That sounds like a psychological issue.

What was your last result?

What was your full-time team talk after it?

What did you say at the post-match interview?

Did you release any comments to the press mid-week?

What is Morale like?

What did you say at the pre-match interview?

Did any of your players have PR indicators?

If so, what did their "Personal" screens say?

What was your pre-match team-talk?

What did the A.M. say about team blending, or motivation, after kickoff but before the first goal?

Archived