Can we report other teams to FIFA for poaching players

I'm guessing that link includes my post where I said that the game does include something close to tapping up but within allegedly legal constraints.

On the one hand a team bids for your player, you refuse and the player is unsettled and wants to leave. That's the club approaching your club though. Conversely, something I use to great effect is the media - declaring through the media that you are 'in awe' of player X and/or announcing that you are considering bidding for him is darn close to the bone in my book. The result often that the player makes it clear to his club that he wants to join you!

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

as far as i know delcaring interest isnt illegal, you can unsettle all you like by saying you want to sign so,meone, as long as no club officials approach the player or agent without your say so.

Indeed, and allegedly that's all that's happened re. Real and Ronaldo icon_smile.gif

In-game, it is a beastly little tactic tho' - makes me feel all SAF when it comes off!

if you read the bc gossip thing though, in my morning routine. a real madrid official met with ronald months ago. contreversial. icon_eek.gif

i do like doing it, saying you are interested, the player loves it, you make a offer, the club say no, player is unhappy, requests a transfer bobs your uncle.

TBF. Man Utd reporting Real Madrid isn't going to achieve anything apart from making themselves look stupid (being hypocritical).

Obviously if Real Madrid met with Ronalod to actually tap him up - then that is a different matter but a few pictures don't prove anything.

Its pointless to be included IMO.

if you read the bc gossip thing though, in my morning routine. a real madrid official met with ronald months ago. contreversial.

I personally wouldn't believe everything you read in the tabloid press. Especially when that newspaper is called 'The Sun'. I do hope they resolve this Ronaldo transfer soon though because I think its been dragging on for far too long.

Guest arrogantio
Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I'm guessing that link includes my post where I said that the game does include something close to tapping up but within allegedly legal constraints.

On the one hand a team bids for your player, you refuse and the player is unsettled and wants to leave. That's the club approaching your club though. Conversely, something I use to great effect is the media - declaring through the media that you are 'in awe' of player X and/or announcing that you are considering bidding for him is darn close to the bone in my book. The result often that the player makes it clear to his club that he wants to join you!

Not really, it's a half-arsed attempt at introducing the concept of tapping up. Even though complimenting rivals' players (especially after they've played well against you) is a standard thing for managers to do generally not with the intention of having a direct impact on the transfer market, they're still often inclined to react angrily as if you've asked their agent to open negotations

Originally posted by arrogantio:

...they're still often inclined to react angrily as if you've asked their agent to open negotations

Exactly. That response is the hint to back off. Conversely, a positive response, 'likes to get praise from some managers' is the Ronnie-wink to 'come and get me'. Unlike the Real-Manure saga, the next stage in the FM universe is to send the oppo manager a bottle of fine red wine ['feels like you could become friends', oo er missus] - sort of corking up before tapping up icon_smile.gif

Archived