Saving Player Instructions

I Swear to god I managed to save Opponents 'Player Instructions' on 08, But for the Life of me can't work out if i was imagining it or not.

Is there a way that I can save instructions so I don't have to trawl through it all again before every match? For Example:

I Have FC/ST on Closing Down-Always and Show on to Foot - Weakest. Can I save the Settings for these Positions? If not WHY NOT!

SORT IT OUT SI! :D

Ta Gents

I would swear that I'd seen the same thing - I had one of my saved tactics which included the Oppo. Instructions .. but it has since ceased, and nothing I've tried has gotten it to come up again.

I was half-convinced I'd hallucinated it until you posted. ;)

I would swear that I'd seen the same thing - I had one of my saved tactics which included the Oppo. Instructions .. but it has since ceased, and nothing I've tried has gotten it to come up again.

Im SURE I managed it, But saving my Tactic at various points in the Matchday Screens, and it is yet to Re-occur. Would be Handy tbh, if only from a selfish point of view, my computer seems to become a bit unresponsive when choosing instructions!

Yep, this is one of the most annoying things in FM for me. It is very frustrating having to constantly set up opposition instructions before and then during a match when subs come on.

The ability to save a pre-set of instructions would be priceless. Don't think it's possible though as it is a match by match process unfortunately.

There are several things I'd like for the long-term progression of tactics:

1. The ability to save Opposition Instructions as a *separate* item, disassociated from my tactic, but affiliated with an opponent's base formation. For example, against a 4-4-2, I tend to do "Weaker Foot" vs the ML, MR, FC, and FC, and "Tight Marking" vs the two MC's. However, as I load saved-tactics throughout the match, which I do several times per match (E.g., burst of pressing in the first half, return to base tactic, halftime adjustment, and often several times in the final 30 minutes) ... I wind up having to re-enter the Oppo. Instr. each time I load-from-saved. Its very frustrating and time consuming.

2. The ability to save Set Piece Instructions as a *seaparate* item, disassociated from my tactic.

For example, in my team last year, I had a target-man quality striker, an MC with 18 Jumping, and several DC's who were useful targets. I wound up spending a lot of time setting up Free Kick, Corner Kick, and Throw-In instructions to make the best use of the players on the pitch as I could .. but essentially, that came down to four approaches:

a. DCL Near Post, DCr challenge GK; one FB back, the other back-if-needed

b. Striker Near Post, DCr challenging GK, DCL back, one FB back

c. MCr Near Post, DCr challenging GK, DCL back, one FB back

d. Striker Near Post, MCr challenging GK, both DC's back, both FB's back-if-needed

D was what I'd go to when protecting a lead; B/C were my preferred approaches, if either of my big men were on the pitch; A was my least favorite choice but necessary if neither big man was on the pitch .. I'd also use it if trailing, with the MC and ST either on Far Post or Attack Near Post.

So, most of my in-season "Tactical Adjustments" consisted of re-entering the same instructions to overlay on top of saved tactics. It made my season take much longer than it needed to.

If you save a tactic , does that also save the play instructions , team instructions and captain/ pen taker / fk taker etc ?

It saves:

The formation

The arrows (in FM'08)

The team instructions (mentality, closing down, use Playmaker, etc)

Individual player instructions (mentality, closing down, forward runs, etc).

Set Piece instructions (Corner kicks, Throw-Ins, Def. Free Kicks, etc.)

It does not save:

Opposition Instructions

Captain, Target Man, or Playmaker

Penalty Taker, Free Kick Taker, etc.

. . .

What I'm requesting is a way to save Opposition Instructions, and to save Set Piece instructions independent of my main tactic.

• 3 weeks later...

I have somehow managed to do this with one of my tactics during an intense period of mucking around and fine tuning, but cannot repeat it for the life of me anymore. It happened when I used a base 4-4-2 tactic as a template for a 3-4-3 I was working on. The 4-4-2 retained the opposition instructions for that particular moment in time somehow, but I have no idea how?

This is the one part of 09 that ****es me off the most, especially now the Ass Man is giving me his advice on the main screen. Someone at S.I must know how to do this?

I think if they added a little tick box next to each suggestion from the assistant it would make things much more user friendly (ie 'we should close down X and Y" -> if you want to do what he is suggesting, tick the box and it automatically sets up the player instructions.

It is really tedious jumping backwards and forwards between opponent's instructions and the assistant feedback screen. Usually once you have implemented his instructions, he comes up with some further suggestions which makes it even more frustrating.

Yep, this is one of the most annoying things in FM for me. It is very frustrating having to constantly set up opposition instructions before and then during a match when subs come on.

The ability to save a pre-set of instructions would be priceless. Don't think it's possible though as it is a match by match process unfortunately.

*bump

100% agree. :thup:

alternative is to have ass man set them dynamically/automatically as an option based on his own advice in the match. this would be fun and realistic.

Archived