An American in Football land.

Well at the expense of starting a war. I have been playing this game since just about the beginning, so I think I have a right to an opinion. First this is THE best managment game on the market. Thank you SI for making it. Second, every year all we hear is how this years versions sucks and I quit and am never playing this again. While I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and should have a place to voice that opinion, it does make it hard to wade throught the fluff to get to meaningful dialogue. I cannot wait till my copy of WWSM(yes I am one of those trying to open the American market for Sega)gets here. I think a few days is a small price to pay to be able to lead your favorite team to continental glory. It will get here maybe a few days after the rest of the world, but hey won't it be great when it does. I cannot thank the SI guys enought for a great game and Sega for helping to bring it over here to the U.S. You have made a fan for life and I hope someday maybe even help by becoming a researcher or tester or something, just so I could say I helped make a great game. Come on America lets get behind this so SI and Sega keep sendng this great game to our market.

Trevor L.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show the game to any American fan and it becomes their passion. I think the 3d engine will help the game to grow in popularity, especially since I can see the graphics only improving over time. Of course, we all know the joy of the game is not in the graphics, but it will help attract more consumers and I think it makes managing a side far easier. In addition, I've no doubt THIS game makes more football fans and should be given away on street corners in the states.

Now if they would only release it on the 14th instead of the 17th, which has me severely bummed. :(

its 72 hours i know that can be a long time if all you do is think about FM and how much you want to play it but it can also be fast if you keep your mind off FM all together.

i wish i could manage that!

try liverpool instead withthe almighty steven gerrard, the royal prince el niño and of course not forgetting the king jamie carragher ;)

did you know Jamie carragher has scored more goals for spurs (own goals) than he has against any other team. He has scored own goals against spurs about 3/4s of the amount he has scored for liverpool haha love watching liverpool score own goals its so funny!

its 72 hours i know that can be a long time if all you do is think about FM and how much you want to play it but it can also be fast if you keep your mind off FM all together.

Why don't you get it through "Steam"? You can probably download and activate the game by Friday morning (since US is about 6 to 9 hours behind Europe)...

did you know Jamie carragher has scored more goals for spurs (own goals) than he has against any other team. He has scored own goals against spurs about 3/4s of the amount he has scored for liverpool haha love watching liverpool score own goals its so funny!

nobody is perfect not even king carragher although during the 2005 season especially that match in istanbul he was so close it scared me a little bit ;)

I don't get it, Americans seem to love Arsenal.

I am Canadian and I support Celtic because when the 2002 world cup game came out. Henrik Larsson was a ridicoulous rating so I used him, then I found he was on Celtic. So ever since then I have followed Celtic.

You should support MLS its a great league and I cant wait to play with TFC in FM. SI I still dont get the fact that your releasing the game on the 17th. Its madness

Don't get me wrong I enjoy MLS, and will try a game as a manager of one of the teams. I have a pretty good rivalry with my friend who is a huge Liverpool fan. I enjoy Arsenal just because when I first was introduced to football while I was stationed in Germany there was a local contingent of English soldiers stationed there and they were Arsenal supporters, so I got hooked. Curious does anyone here play with all leagues running. I have since I started with the series and love it. I know takes a while for each day but I think the world is more alive that way.

Trevor L.

Truly a great post, being a lifelong liverpool fan, not for the glory but the passion of the team and its loyal fans, hurts to see how Europeans usually think that us "yanks"!!! know nothing about football and judge our entire population upon the majority with disregard to the minority who do truly appreciate football for its tactics and brilliance and always think that us "yanks"!! don't know nothing about the game, nor accept us as one of them (club fans) even though we go all out our way to purchase the game from a foreign country just to learn more about tactics and lead teams to glory.

Truly a great post, being a lifelong liverpool fan, not for the glory but the passion of the team and its loyal fans, hurts to see how Europeans usually think that us "yanks"!!! know nothing about football and judge our entire population upon the majority with disregard to the minority who do truly appreciate football for its tactics and brilliance and always think that us "yanks"!! don't know nothing about the game, nor accept us as one of them (club fans) even though we go all out our way to purchase the game from a foreign country just to learn more about tactics and lead teams to glory.

but thats where you got us wrong. its people like this that you have mentioned just now that are a credit to the game and to the club. i tip my hat to someone with devotion like this :)

2000 posts woo :D

the royal prince el niño? oo's e then?

royal prince el niño!? the one and only fernando torres!

his armband proved he was a red torres! torres! you'll never walk alone it said torres! torres! we bought the lad from sunny spain he gets the ball and scores again! fernando torres liverpools number 9! *bounce!* na nar na nar na nar na nar na narrrr na narrr

royal prince el niño!? the one and only fernando torres!

his armband proved he was a red torres! torres! you'll never walk alone it said torres! torres! we bought the lad from sunny spain he gets the ball and scores again! fernando torres liverpools number 9! *bounce!* na nar na nar na nar na nar na narrrr na narrr

lol should have guessed

I can honestly say that this game has helped me to appreciate the beautiful game even more. The tactics, the nuances. Just great. Next wish to actually go to England and go to an Arsenal game, preferably an Arsenal Vs Liverpool match.

Trevor L.

Same here trevor, only i wish to one day go to any liverpool game sit at the kop and chant the torres song, gerrard song, mascherano song, and my top 2 fav Y.N.W.A and Fields of anfield road, i mean i already chant/sing them now at bars when watching champions league games, but not as thrilling as when you are chanting it with 40,000 other faithful fans

I became hooked on football after buying WWSM 07. Since then I've really grown to love both games. I try to watch as many games as I can and just recently I learned that I could watch matches live on my PC for free. My wife thought I was crazy when I got up at 8:30 Sunday morning to watch the Chelsea game. I'm sure my Saturdays will be sucked away in the same manner until mid May :) The wife has already agreed to see a match when we go to England next year. I don't really care who I see, would prefer someone from the Championship or Premier League (most likely will be Leeds since my wife lived in Bingley for a year). Anyway, just wanted to say that I've really come to love football.

Chris

I became hooked on football after buying WWSM 07. Since then I've really grown to love both games. I try to watch as many games as I can and just recently I learned that I could watch matches live on my PC for free. My wife thought I was crazy when I got up at 8:30 Sunday morning to watch the Chelsea game. I'm sure my Saturdays will be sucked away in the same manner until mid May :) The wife has already agreed to see a match when we go to England next year. I don't really care who I see, would prefer someone from the Championship or Premier League (most likely will be Leeds since my wife lived in Bingley for a year). Anyway, just wanted to say that I've really come to love football.

Chris

come to meadow lane and see Notts County, the oldest league club in the word 1862!

i know a certain team is catching us :( i cant let that happen but thanks for the support :D lets get el niño greased and ready for action and we cant lose with him and gerrard with carragher and reina patrolling the backbone of our team :D

LOL! Stevie, it wasn't really support ;) I guess you haven't read my location and I guess once you have you will not be as pleasent in future!

oh ive read it i just know what to say to get to certain people ;)

LOL! But I did mean what I sai about you getting the prem, looks like Rafa has learnt his lesson but then again willbe interesting to see how he reacts to the spurs game! We need to go on a 10 game unbeaten run now and hope (with the world club champs) we're still in touch after christmas

I think theres alot more US fans than there used to be but i like the balance of the world at the moment... its always good to support home grown sports and America have alot of good sports of their own.

Is everyone on here American at the moment, as an Englishman (but a supporter of football first!) and yes a Utd supporter it's great to see you guys enjoying the game and FM so much.

Archived