Demo patch

i dont see the point in it tbh. why spend time creating a demo patch when the full version is out in 4 days?

I suppose you could make the argument that if they released it tomorrow morning, anyone who downloaded it afterwards might be more inclined to buy the full game. It might also save them a few customers among those who've already played the demo and decided they won't buy the full game because of it.

thats the point. a demo is just that. a demo.

The demo is a six month version of the finished game. So the full game will be exactly the same, but without the time limit. Therefore, it's in their interest to make it work.

yes i see your point but would you prefer they had everything ready in time for the full version or a demo patch?

The full version, obviously. But I'm just saying that, as a business, SI's interests will always be best served by having both - a demo that works and a full game that works. From their point of view, a patch for the demo might save them a few customers. And they do need to make money at the end of the day.

The full version, obviously. But I'm just saying that, as a business, SI's interests will always be best served by having both - a demo that works and a full game that works. From their point of view, a patch for the demo might save them a few customers. And they do need to make money at the end of the day.

yes of course SI need to make money but the money comes from the full version. most people know the demo is most likely to be buggy and if you only had a straight choice between the demo patch or getting the full version completely ready then most people would choose the full version. if SI had time for a demo patch im sure we would have seen one by now. im guessing they are preparing, probably a very hard task atm, the full version as we speak to make sure its all ready and to satisfaction.

yes of course SI need to make money but the money comes from the full version. most people know the demo is most likely to be buggy and if you only had a straight choice between the demo patch or getting the full version completely ready then most people would choose the full version. if SI had time for a demo patch im sure we would have seen one by now. im guessing they are preparing, probably a very hard task atm, the full version as we speak to make sure its all ready and to satisfaction.

It's precisely because the full game makes the money that the demo needs to work. A fully working demo will mean more sales of the full game. Of course, if I had to choose between a working demo and a ready full version, I'd choose the latter. But all I was doing was explaining why, in theory, you could make a case for SI wanted to patch the demo. I didn't say I thought they should.

but wouldnt mose people realise that the demo will most likely be buggy? that the people at SI and SEGA are profesionals and will probably have them sorted out by the time of the full release? i trust SI and SEGA to deliver the best management game this coming friday to a very good standard :)

yes i understand that but what about people who are new to fm?

Considering a demo is supposed to be a marketing tool to get people who are not sure about a game to buy it then..no, they would take it as a representation of the final product.

If someone plays the demo and gets their entire first team injured, they are not gonna buy the game until they know that it's been fixed, if at all.

new to FM or not any person who has played pc games before is likely to know that a demo usualy has a bug or 2. and is likely to be sorted before release

Why would they assume that it would be fixed before release? SI never intended to do a release-day patch.

new to FM or not any person who has played pc games before is likely to know that a demo usualy has a bug or 2. and is likely to be sorted before release

so if they've never played fm and the demo dosent work they've got to buy it on blind faith that they'll like it

I think we're constantly making the same arguments. Here's how I would sum it up. The demo needs to work from SI's point of view because if it doesn't it could and probably would cost them customers. However, stevie_G_32201 is arguing that, given the short length of time, if SI were to focus on patching the demo, it might be detrimental to the finished product.

I think we're constantly making the same arguments. Here's how I would sum it up. The demo needs to work from SI's point of view because if it doesn't it could and probably would cost them customers. However, stevie_G_32201 is arguing that, given the short length of time, if SI were to focus on patching the demo, it might be detrimental to the finished product.

maybe a comprimise? a demo patch after the games sorted

I don't see why - they can just fix the final product and then release a new demo based on that, it can't be too hard to just make the full thing stop working after 6 months.

maybe a comprimise? a demo patch after the games sorted

that seems to be the most logical explanation. release the game on time first then release the patch fixing the errors that they promised they would. then they can release a patched demo for the newer customers unsure if they should but it or not. this way everyone is happy :)

Archived