since there is no MAC activation/authentication to play without dvd.......

Since there is no way to play fm2009 without the dvd with MAC's, will it work if we use boot camp? or maybe Parallels or VMware??

or will there be a patch specifically for MAC's to play without the dvd?

I own a macbook air and i didn't buy the dvd drive. I tend to borrow my friends when I need it which has been twice in the last year!!!!

this is stupid!!! I don't want to see the ridiculous 2d view again. I have to ask Miles and Co what went wrong with the digital download for mac via steam. I was just about to pre-purchase to download. I live in a country where FM is never released!!!

Last year there was a digital download for WWSM in the US for macs. What about this year??

I know mac users are a small number of users compared to windows users, but that doesn't change the fact that this might be some kind of discrimination!

If you are running it on a virtual edition of Windows then you will need to authenticate your copy and you will not need the disc in the drive.

EVEN though you are runnign a mac you are installing FM09 into Windows and there is NO difference between a virtual edition of Windows and physical.

If you run it through Parrallels, VMWare Bootcamp its still Windows.

Why don't you buy a regular copy from a UK online store? There are many that send it abroad. I'm in Brazil (FM isn't sold here), on mac and bought from sendit.com, and they even didn't charged me delivery. I'd rather to have the boxed version as it's even cheaper than digital download. The bad side is you will have to wait a week further to play but I think you'll survive.

yeah, apparently there will be a mac digital download like last year, dont worry, but i've been trying to figure out when we can expect this?

with all this talk about steam etc, i hope they don't forget to release the mac digital download...

Take a look at post #7 in the "Steam" sticky topic.

And relax...

:)

I know this is really minor to some but I have to say it.

It's Mac. Not MAC. It has always been Mac and it will always be Mac. Mac is short for Mackintosh, the Apple Mackintosh. In computing MAC stands for Media Access Control.

Please would people stop using MAC?>!!?!!!!!!

ARGHHHH

Mac is short for Mackintosh, the Apple Mackintosh. In computing MAC stands for Media Access Control.

ARGHHHH

It's not mac for Mackintosh, it's mac for macintosh. ;)

I know this is really minor to some but I have to say it.

It's Mac. Not MAC. It has always been Mac and it will always be Mac. Mac is short for Mackintosh, the Apple Mackintosh. In computing MAC stands for Media Access Control.

ARGHHHH

Since you're being so pedantic, it's not "Mackintosh", it's "Macintosh". Mackintosh make raincoats.

Edit: Beaten to it. :)

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a MacBook Air with no DVD drive. It provides the option to use a PC DVD drive as a drive in the Air through the Network.

FM08s copy protection did not support this. Will FM09? I'd be more than happy to be able to activate than to not be able to play it.

Archived