Problems in 09 Demo

High rate of injury

The game design is terrible, when your player has the chance to face AI's GK one on one, they can block almost every shot. One of the most effective way to score is let your keep pass a long ball to your striker.

The throw-in problem is STILL NOT SOLVED. There is NO WAY to defend AI's throw in attack.

Very difficult to sell players, I set Saviola on 0 transfer fee and still noone want him.

Errrm

Lets see now...

1) How many times in real life have you seen players score one on ones every time they in that position?? and by the way in my save game my strikers have had the frair share of goals and miss.

2) Injury bug is noted and will be fixed..

3) Long pass from keeper also has been noted and should be fixed..

4) Throw in problem.. (I have not encounterd it yet)

5) Transfers are much better then other versions and is more relistic now...

that i agree with.. ill have him for free in my save game..

All i am saying is the transfer system code in FM09 has been rewritten from scratch...

And i have not had problems selling players or buying players more easy then other versions..

In previous versions of FM this was an issue as well. Selling high profile players for 0 wasn't that easy, even if you offered them to clubs.

It did however make a difference when you changed his transfer status to 'transfer listed', so you should try that before you sell him.

High rate of injury

It's already been acknowledged that there is a problem with pre-season fitness which leads to some more injuries. It's already being looked into.

The game design is terrible, when your player has the chance to face AI's GK one on one, they can block almost every shot. One of the most effective way to score is let your keep pass a long ball to your striker.

The 3D view is showing you the same things that you would have seen in the 2D view.

Now that we have the 3D view it will help to improve the match engine over the next few iterations. SI can't do everything at once and for me this is an excellent first step into the 3D. There are plenty of us willing to provide constructive criticism with the aim of continually improving the 3D engine.

That being said, your issue could quite easily be down to your tactical setup.

The throw-in problem is STILL NOT SOLVED. There is NO WAY to defend AI's throw in attack.

Could you elaborate on this a little? I've never noticed a problem in this area but that's not to say iot's not a genuine issue. But without more info it's difficult to know whether it's down to something you are/aren't doing tactically, or a genuine problem.

Very difficult to sell players, I set Saviola on 0 transfer fee and still noone want him.

I've so far found it slightly easier to sell players and found teams much more willing to negotiate. That being said, I haven't tried seling enough players yet in the demo to comment much on this point.

In previous versions of FM this was an issue as well. Selling high profile players for 0 wasn't that easy, even if you offered them to clubs.

It did however make a difference when you changed his transfer status to 'transfer listed', so you should try that before you sell him.

There is a option in team settings which u can put on ;) "offerered players automaticly on transfer list" or something :).

Have to say regards 'throw in issue'- Well orchestrated throw in attacks are very very difficult to defend- just ask Arsenal about a certain Mr. Delap.

Imagine if Delap could do that in the game a couple of years ago... "OMG THROW IN BUG!!!"

Archived