Club Culture

Is there such thing as a "club culture" in the current game?

What I mean is at clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, Man Utd in the Prem, do the fans/board expect a certain type of football to be played (i.e. an attacking style)? Look at the stick Curbs and Allardyce took for the style of football from the fans. I've never seen this reflected in 08.

Maybe it would be a good feature for 09, assessment from the board not just based on performance but style?

This is a good idea IMO, and it would be fun for LLM (or a manager who has been at a club for 10+ years) to develop/influence their own club culture, such as playing with home-grown youth etc. (hopefully regens will be sorted though!)

Somthing more involved would certainly be good. Club reputation is a single number that gets used for way too many things already!

Clubs like Crewe should be differentiated from those clubs who almost always sign players from elsewhere. Crewe have to keep bringing youngsters through and selling them on because their academy costs a lot of money - in game they appear to behave just like every other club when I see them.

Love the idea of club culture, especially as it relates to my personal profile. If my club loyalty is low, but my finances rate high, wouldn't a particular type of club want me? Same goes for my team's tactical formation. If I always play a 4-4-2, but the previous manager liked a 4-2-3-1, then wouldn't that cause some problems? Right now, those statistics and information seem a meaningless thing to me. Maybe they aren't and someone can educate me to the truth?

I think they are meaningless at present. Hopefully they will mean something. I agree if you're good at progressing players from the youth team that should be noted and a team which fits these criterias should be more liekly to approach you. I feel the job market in FM is very limited. There needs to be an overall improvement since few teams come looking for you apart from National teams which imo are not very motivating to your FM career.

I dont like the idea. i like to make my team play with my formation (4-2-3-2) and i change alot of the staff and players to make the formation work.

I'd love to play that formation too but I only get 11 players on the pitch. Unless you don't play a GK :D

Archived