Football Superstitions

I'm sure we've all been there with our lucky shirts, underwear or whatever but how lucky are our 'lucky' items?

For example, for years I had a pair of lucky green underpants which was used during Liverpool's succesful Treble season of 2001 but there are little bits as well. On Sunday whilst we were playing Man City I was out at a party so I had my Liverpool shirt on underneath my jumper. At half time we were losing 2-0, after the second half the jumper came off and we won 3-2.

Any similar stories?

This is off-topic, so I'll bring it back on-topic by saying I'm superstitious with FM to the effect that I'll never click on an opposing player during the match, because according to the 10 Commandments of FM "He shalt score past me if thou shall click on him".

I've found that when I go to games we tend to do better when I'm wearing the same shirt as the players. Has to be the correct season and correct choice of home/away/third kit. Not sure why, but works more often than not.

In FM I never read the opposition dangerman analysis from my Assistant, if I do he always seems to score.

IRL a friend of mine used to have that horrible gold Liverpool top and when he wore it they lost, I encouraged him to wear it as much as possible, but in the end he threw it on the fire.

In FM I never read the opposition dangerman analysis from my Assistant, if I do he always seems to score.

IRL a friend of mine used to have that horrible gold Liverpool top and when he wore it they lost, I encouraged him to wear it as much as possible, but in the end he threw it on the fire.

Happens to me ALL the time Nomis07.

Coincidence? Or genuine hokery-pokery? :D

IRL I never bet on Liverpool.

I did a few times and they've always lost/drawn, even against much lesser teams.

Tried once again recently, and that was in April, an FA Cup match at Anfield against Barnsley.

And we all know what happened there.... :(

Swore I'd never do it again.

When i was in Canada last year i was at a baseball game and i managed to catch the ball which is very lucky considering there was like 50,000 people there. So last year when Celtic were playing rangers i decided to take it to the game because i thought it would bring us a bit of luck. The final score Celtic 2-1 Rangers with celtic scoring in the 94th minute. So i decided to take it to the next old firm game 2 weeks later and the final score was Celtic 3-2 Rangers. The final game of the season and celtic had to win up in dundee against dundee united so i decide to bring the baseball to the game again and we win 1-0 to win our third consecutive title and i believe that i had a part to play in it because when i started bringing the baseball to the game we went on a 7 match winning streak. :D

Archived