attendances

is there a cap on attendances?

for example, if i get southport into the premier league is there an upper limit to how many people will come to see the team play regardless of how successful i am?

does it depend on the population of the local area or how many rival clubs there are in the area?

or is it all down to reputation?

ta

ah rite

its just ive taken low league teams to the prem before and ive spent a decade trying to get a new stadium or a decent expansion, whilst all the while stuck with a 20,000 seater

maybe its down to luck a lil bit

thanks as ever jodi

To get a stadium expansion, you need an average attendance of at least 90% of stadium capacity and also need money in the bank. Getting a stadium expansion is also down to luck as well as you can be rejected planning permission.

Anyway no problem, I'm glad to help. :D

There is a maximum attendance statistic in the editor for clubs (although this may not be set for a given club), but the guide claims this to be the maximum attendance in foreseeable circumstances or whatever wording you use. If you win promotion through 4 different leagues then that cap will rise, but there will still be a cap there.

As far as I know this takes no account of population though. I got a 30,000 capacity stadium at Ross County in CM 03/04 that I used to fill sometimes despite the fact that the population of Dingwall (the club's town) is only ~6,000 and the surrounding area is not exactly densely populated up in the Highlands of Scotland!

I think that the maximum capacity is set to 99,999 as I am playing as Man Utd in 2017 and the largest attendance I have senn is 99,997 which beat the previous best against Liverpool the previous year (can't remember what my stadium capacity is though!)

Nou Camp im sure is 110,000. Im also sure other teams wont be far behind. Im currently trying to get a new stadium myself after my Rangers side have reached the stadium expasion cap of Ibrox and filling it against most teams,(only not being withing 2000 of it against lower league oposition in the cups).

IIRC the only cap is the expansion cap. Which will obviously remain there because some stadiums cant be upgraded because of where they are or Historic reaosns.

so is the general consenus that no matter how rich or successful you make a lower league team, there is a limit to how big a stadium you are allowed by the game?

its a bit disheartening really

No I am sure there is not. The stadia can keep getting bigger.

The largest possible stadium in the game is 250000, and the max attendance is the same.

I only know this from FM modifier!

I changed it to max once and had about 8mil per month from this attendance.

(that's 96 mil per year!)

That game didn't last very long though, got boring very quickly.

Archived