Fog of War scouting realism/Trials

I think this area of the game needs improvement.

IRL the best away to discover a player's true potential is by watching him playing matches.

In FM we can remove the fog with 1 or 2 scouting assignments on players that are not even playing.

I think this should be a slower process, like they can "by word of mouth/video" discover a few attributes from a player that's out of club, but not everything this is were the trial comes in.

At the moment in the game handing out trials is a bit pointless and this would make them important like IRL.

I like the way that it's done in the OOTP series.

Each scout gives you a report at the outset based upon his initial impressions, but dependant on his scouting ability, the number of times he has seen the other player and how well he performed when watched then each report should differ.

So a scout with a poor JPA but good JPP rating might completely under/overestimate a players current ability but have his potential ability pretty much spot on.

This wouldn't suit me because I play with attribute masking off so that I can see all stats all the time. Not everybody's way of playing but its the way i've always done it as it suits my limited intellect.;)

I think that this should happen as it does in real life but not many people are aware off. Take Spurs for example, Juande says to our top scout damien comoli, I need a left back, The scouts go out and find the BEST left back available and present their findings to juande using video evidence. So basically what im saying is, on FM games you shouldnt have to attend matches and take ages scouting for players yourself, you should be able to send scouts to do that and come back with a list of interested and best available players for your team, and offer you to attend a game to see them.

Further to this, there needs to be more information available when your scout checks out "Next Opposition".

I might receive a message saying we should be wary of the pace of player x but when you go to look at the player's profile all his stats are still invisible. Surely the scout would have been able to judge at least a few of the players stats, so that we could see something about him.

Furthermore, I feel that attributes should "appear" more fluid. If a scout watches a striker who scores 3 out of 3 chances, then the scout may believe that player to have a very high finishing attribute. If the scout watches him on another 2 occasions, and the said striker can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, then the scouts opinion on his finishing would drop. Due to the effect of morale and form, it could then take a reasonably long time to accurately scout a player.

Archived