Train a player to a new position?

on this topic, i had mascherano and retrained him to play CD, but after only a few sub appearances over 6 months mainy at centre mid, he doesn't have this as a listed position, and no mention of ever having it on the position screen? can they just lose a position and so quickly?

How long does it take a player to learn a new position? I have Gareth Law and because Nathan Jarman and Tristan Plummer are never tired he usually only gets on as a CM. So I decided to train him as a AM.

It depends on their versatility attribute, age and the position you a retraining them in (e.g. retraining a striker to be a full back may take longer than retraining them to be an attacking midifelder).

Also, is it impossible to train somebody to another position?

For example, if I tried to make my right winger a left winger, and I guess his versatility attribute was super-low, could it be that he'd NEVER be a left winger?

I'm not entirely sure about that but I would think that retraining from a right to left winger would still work as they are similar positions.

You will find it easier to train him by playing him in the position without a doubt! I've tried without and never got anywhere, it's just like real life really, a person cant fully learn how to play in a position on the training field.

Also if the player has some stat for the position, even if its "awkward" it better than having nothing there and will save some time.

i ALWAYS retrain players in new positions especially wen im in the lower leagues as you always find players with the relevant skills but wrong position like right wingers who can tackle but not cross (make em into a right back) or MCs that can tackle (make em into DMs) however, im yet to successfully retrain a player in more than 1 position. never used genie or wateva its called to check their versatility but ive tried it loads of times and even players who can play multiple positions to start with seem unable to retain a position after i stop training them for it.

Archived