Please insert disc!!!

Guest dazzlerv

Guest dazzlerv

hey folks, I haven't played FM08 in months because i got a little addicted to CM08 and I just installed 8.0.2 patch for FM08 and it says 'please insert disc' is there anyway I get round that and how can I uninstall the patch so I can get back to playing Arsenal. I can't find my FM08 cd anywhere either!!! :'( any help with much appreciated. Thanks.

If you purchased it digitally you have to be careful and patch it with the proper file. Otherwise if you utlized the cd patch (it will patch none the less) it will start asking you for the cd, when in reality you never had it. I'm afriad you can only uninstall, reinstall it and patch it properly.

Guest dazzlerv

Thanks for the help people, I had to uninstall it and currently downloading a copy of the internet (my bad) this time I won't update it. And yes I got addicted to CM08 its not the greatest game but isn't as bad as people like to make out. I can't wait till FM09 demo comes out and then proper game :-)

Peace out people!!

Thanks for the help people, I had to uninstall it and currently downloading a copy of the internet (my bad) this time I won't update it. And yes I got addicted to CM08 its not the greatest game but isn't as bad as people like to make out. I can't wait till FM09 demo comes out and then proper game :-)

Peace out people!!

:thdn: Bye bye...

Peace out people!!

You're going to get banned, most likely. Admitting to illegally downloading the game (which I assume from 'my bad' is what you're doing) is not the wisest thing to do on the official SI forums!

if you've bought the game you should be allowed to download another version of it imo. It's only pirating if you don't own an official copy.

Yeah, but without proof that you have bought an official copy, you're still being a bit daft posting about downloading it illegally on the official forum.

It's only pirating if you don't own an official copy.

Yes it is. Any copying of copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is piracy.

Besides, you don't actually 'own' a copy of the game when you have the official CD, only a licence to use the software contained on that disc, not free rein to make use of any other copy.

Archived