DIGCMO THREAD.

dogs

CMOdropLogo.jpg

Put all queries in here just now.

This is not an application thread, read the stickie it will clearly dictate the do's and don'ts about getting involved.

After the opening Friday all queries will be dealt by the hosts in the IRC chat room on the night. This thread will become a sole update and feedback thread as stipulated in the DIGCMO sticky.

[This message was edited by Mr X on 07 January 2004 at 22:13.]

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CMOdropLogo.jpg

This is not an application thread, read the stickie it will clearly dictate the do's and don'ts about getting involved.

After the opening Friday all queries will be dealt by the hosts in the IRC chat room on the night. This thread will become a sole update and feedback thread as stipulated in the DIGCMO sticky.

CMOdropLogo.jpg

CMOdropLogo.jpg

Any chance you can do a mIRC easy guide to downloading, and opening, and setting up to get in the DIGCMO chat room?

i had to talk marlow and jack in yesterday so im sure some people wont understand it without some help.

k fine!

Download mirc and install.

Load up mIRC.

As mIRC loads a small screen will pop up with the makers picture, just press continue.

Another window will pop up, this will be a mIRC options window.

There will be 4 boxes. Full name, email addy, nickname and alternative.

You can fill full name and email in with anything you want.

Put the nickname you want in nick and a alternative on incase someone else is using it.

On the left side of that box there is a list (catagory) connect will be blue because thats the part of options your on.

Click servers (found just below connect)

There are 2 boxes, the second is IRC server and at the right side there is a pull down menu, hit the pull down and find Quakenet random uk server (alphabetical order) then click the connect to server button.

It will take a minute and you will see something like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>[00:35] * Connecting to uk.quakenet.org (6667)

-

[00:35] -uk.quakenet.org- *** Looking up your hostname

-

[00:35] -uk.quakenet.org- *** Checking Ident

-

[00:35] -uk.quakenet.org- *** Found your hostname<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

then type /join #DIGCMO and you will be in the chat room

hope thats simple enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bell:

How about

Download & Install MIRC

Connect to Random Quaknet Server

type /J #digcmo

If you cant manage that get off the internet icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

I have put a IRC Bot into the chatroom to always give us a presence there and keep it under our control.

I'll figure out just how to use the bloody thing tonight, so it ops the appropriate people when they enter and do some other stuff I have thought of.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

When will sessions after the Friday be taking place?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game will run to a finish on the friday. Various tests have been run viewing every game in the championship. If the host follows the set format, we should have a finish every friday night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deano:

I have put a IRC Bot into the chatroom to always give us a presence there and keep it under our control.

I'll figure out just how to use the bloody thing tonight, so it ops the appropriate people when they enter and do some other stuff I have thought of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will need to register with Q or whatever to get auto-opped...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

you can get basic IRC (internet relay Chat) here at http://www.mirc.com. Its free and you dont need to register. All serious broad based gaming clans across all platforms have a dedicated chat room icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Claims you have to register and pay a one off fee of $20 after 30 days icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bell:

Its all a ruse, you dont pay nowt...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The.... Well I.... etc

did need clearing up I think otherwise folk would be duped (not me though, I hate PayPal)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

Whose gonna play next week? Is the WC or EC played next week?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deano is the first host and will announce probably nearer the time icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm new to the CM Online thing and liked the sound of the DIGCMO - give me a taster and see if I like it. I just have one small question - how do I get onto this IRC thing. Thanks for your help.

Rob <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

by RobertPBham

DIGCMO Game - Friday 16th January

The Inaugural DIG will take place this Friday starting at 7pm.

The Game will be Euro 2004.

Please read the DIGCMO (Drop In Game Championship Manager Online) sticky in the forum before Friday if you are going to come and join the fun.

I'll post the First Round Groups tonight, just for a bit of advanced info to build up the hype.

You can post any questions in here and myself or the other hosts will endevour to answer them icon_smile.gif I have also updated my profile with my MSM id so you can contact me that way if you dont want to post here.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday.

Cheers

Deano

icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Deano on 13 January 2004 at 11:32.]

[This message was edited by Marlow on 13 January 2004 at 12:48.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

I edited the link for you Deano, it was linking to my own profile when I clicked it before. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one, your a gent icon14.gif

I have one other question. Seen as how im only on a 56k modem, whenever people phone the house i tend to get knocked off the net, how much hassle is this likely to cause the online game if i take part on friday?

I dont want to take part if im getting knocked off every 10mins or so and therefore keeping people waiting all the time.

I am looking at getting broadband which would stop this problem but in the mean time i have to put up with this.

**** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ****

Due to the release of patch 4.1.4, will anyone intending to play in this game on Friday, please make sure that they have downloaded and installed the patch prior to turning up

Check this thread if you want to know what it fixes

And check this thread for places you can download it.

Cheers

Deano

icon_smile.gif

Just like to thoroughly recommend this experience to all new users tomorrow, who are wondering about cm online.

It really is an excellent taster of the online experience and with Deano and others as your guide, you'll pick up lots of tips and techniques as to how to make a CM online game extremely successful and entertaining. icon_smile.gif

Friday 16th January - DIGCMO Euro 2004 Group Draw

Group A

Denmark

Germany

Sweden

Turkey

Group B

Greece

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Group C

Bulgaria

France

Scotland

Sweden

Group D

Croatia

Czech Republic

England

Russia

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fevs:

I'm about for most of Friday (out between 8.15 and 8.45 ish) will that be a prob?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

Not really a problem, you will just need to go on holiday while you are away, and may miss your game if you are unlucky enough for it to happen between this time

Cheers Carl

Ok one question - All thew games are 7pm right?

Were not really opening the games to a wide audience if they are all at the same time.

Maybe we could have one on a sunday afternoon as it would be earlier meaning people from austrailia might get involved and those shores? i dunno idea it is.

one step at time powalster we want to get the initial service up and running as its the first time its been attempted. The same times are in place so some normality takes precedence. If the pilot works well we may look at expanding it further. Would involve a feasiblity study icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Mr X on 16 January 2004 at 3:29.]

Also don't forget Powlay that the dates planned for Digcmo games have now been commited too by the hosts involved.

I'm sure once everything gets goings, there'll be more of an insight on how long games can take and all different other aspects too which then can be assessed.

In the future, i'm sure there is a chance of digcmo games being hosted on different days and times icon_smile.gif

I take it I log into #DIGCMO (via mIRC) at 7.00pm and hope I get in. Will there be support for us noobs, who've never played Online before, such as Firewalls, Routers, Ports etc. This is my main concern, as since I got broadband via my router, I've not been able to play Links Golf online. When I get home at 6.00pm, hopefully someone will respond re ports and I won't hold anyone up. icon_smile.gif

Archived