Your Stupidest FM Moment

I have been inspired to make this thread by something that I just did playing FM2008...

My last match of the season was away to Morton. All we needed was a draw to retain the last play-off spot so I was pretty worried about the game, ecspecially because Morton are fighting for top spot. My team by the way are Stranraer and 'thier colour' is blue.

Anyway, I don't normally watch the match highlights but as soon as it kicked off I noticed the highlights were already showing. The blues started with possession but quickly (and stupidly) give the ball away to a yellow attacker (the other team), he run on the score easily- 27 seconds gone. Well basically, as far as i knew, it was going to be "one of those games"- I had the right hump....i may or may not have bashed the keyboard a couple of times in anger.....sending a few keys flying.....how stupid of me not top realise the fact that our away strip is yellow?!?!:D

Any other stupid moments?

A couple of months back when I was on the run in Texas , I had my laptop out in the bog in a petrol station, anyways had this guy on my tail so I was hiding in the cubicle playing fm. Well what happened was he happened to walk in and was taking a leak opposite me. He had his back turned so I reckoned I could have escaped. Obviously he didn't know I was in there, but panic took over and I raced out, he looked around and saw me, but I dropped my wallet with all my cards and cash in it, but held onto the laptop and got my ass out of there. I don't know if he chased after me or not, but I got away, but lost all my damn credit card.

I was managing in NI and the league games were much of a formality, it was only the European games that gave my team a challenge.

Being lazy I thought I'd holiday a league match I didn't fancy playing and to my surprise I lost the match 5-0. Being the dominant force in the league I thought it was pretty odd so I checked exactly what had gone on. My assistant had put out a full team of trialists that I currently had in my reserves, mostly from the Faroe Islands.

This ended a 159 game unbeaten run. :(

A couple of months back when I was on the run in Texas , I had my laptop out in the bog in a petrol station, anyways had this guy on my tail so I was hiding in the cubicle playing fm. Well what happened was he happened to walk in and was taking a leak opposite me. He had his back turned so I reckoned I could have escaped. Obviously he didn't know I was in there, but panic took over and I raced out, he looked around and saw me, but I dropped my wallet with all my cards and cash in it, but held onto the laptop and got my ass out of there. I don't know if he chased after me or not, but I got away, but lost all my damn credit card.

No one else bother posting. You won't top that.

Would have to be my old one...

Managing Canada, final qualifying match for the world cup, 5-0 down in the first leg so decided to holiday the second, went for a pizza or whatever and came back to find my ass man took the team to a 7-6 agg win :(

I was so ashamed I didnt want to play in the world cup so started doing database editing instead.

Now and again I run my reserves out to help keep my first team fresh. I don't mind doing it in the league either.

Anyway, I looked at my players fitness and figured it was time for the reserve team to strut their stuff. Except I've already won the league and might as well blood some u18s.

Only it was the CL semi final. Whoops.

Luckily I'd won the first leg comfortably and my u18s played a total blinder so I got through. But for a minute there...

VB

Now and again I run my reserves out to help keep my first team fresh. I don't mind doing it in the league either.

Anyway, I looked at my players fitness and figured it was time for the reserve team to strut their stuff. Except I've already won the league and might as well blood some u18s.

Only it was the CL semi final. Whoops.

Luckily I'd won the first leg comfortably and my u18s played a total blinder so I got through. But for a minute there...

VB

haha, the look of horror once you had clicked "submit team" and read "Champs League, Semi-Final, Leg 2" must have been pretty severe.

Guest roberto922

I slipped and put a midfielder in goal by accident, carried on with my changes and then confirmed the changes, I then continued the game and didn't notice until we'd conceded 4 goals :(

This has happened when i was 18 or 17.

I was playing cm2 or 3 (i don't remember) and i was beating a big team 1-0... 2 minutes before ending the match, they scored two goals so they won 2-1. After that, I got really angry and I broke the screen filter of my monitor with my hand. When my mother asked me what had happened I said "nothing, it's all fine."

After breaking the screen filter, i went quickly to buy another one.

That's why i play strategy games now . :D

Archived