19th June 2010, Game crashes

Hi all,

Recently just about to start my fourth season with Aston Villa, but the game just crashes on this date- I have a save right before it but it just stops processing and I have to end program through the task manager. Now I have read about illegal copies of the game and I thought that that might be the case- recently I had to reboot my hard-drive because of a virus but kept all my old saves backed up, along with the patch. However the game is not installed on my new hard-drive, yet it opens and plays. My only idea is to re-install the game, get the 8.02 patch and load my game again after that? Will this work, any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks :)

Reinstalled the game and patch, but this is still happening. Any ideas?

It dosen't exactly crash, I can still move the cursor around although the 'browse' option won't click. It just gets stuck for ages and won't let me do anything, then when I use ALT + Tab to minimize the game, I have to close it through task manager as it won't come back up.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Task Manager

Click the Performance tab.

Under 'Commit Charge' what's your 'Limit' and your 'Peak'? I'm assuming you haven't rebooted since the crash so if you have reload FM and play to the crash.

How much space have you got left on your 'System' hard drive, usually C:?

Yeah but I can reboot and get rid of the viruses

Don't really know what you mean by that but what I do know is some versions of the virus that disables task manager have some nasty elements to them. So if Task Manager is still disabled I would strongly recommend dealing with that issue. If you have another computer you can use to access the internet then stay off the internet on that infected machine, and use the other one find out how to deal with your virus.

I can only echo these sentiments, I got some virus/spyware that disabled task manager not so long ago, and decided to grab the bull by the horns and just re-format the whole thing (backing up documents, FM saves etc.) now my computer runs fine.

• 4 weeks later...

How long have you had the patch, sometimes you have to wait until the end of the season you playing when the patch is installed, for the fix to take effect? You should report it in the bugs forum as well, they are usually pretty helpfull and will know more about it hopefully.

When it started to happen, i had the patch from the release. So I uninstalled FM and then re-applied the patch. The strange thing is that I have some saves past this date its just this one. I will report it and see what happens, Thanks for your help.

I could be that the game is just taking a long time to process, as the date coincides with the end of one season and the start of another. If you click continue and leave the game for quite a while (hours not minutes) you will probably find that it will carry on no problem. If you have a lot of leagues on the go then it will take longer to process.

Archived