FM09 to be released.....

These estimated release dates have been about for a while now on various sites, pretty sure that they will all have it wrong, if I was in charge at SI, I would deliberately not release the game on any of the dates that these sites have guessed at, just to wind them up for trying to pre-empt me

But how can you blame SI if they like someone like Che Guevera, the person who chose it obviously likes him alot

Not necessarily, the person who chose it could hate him, lots of people seem to,

IMO, which seems to be shared by a lot of others on here, is that he was chosen because of what he stood for, ie a revolution, and what his face still evokes in people today

But on the other hand, it is feasible that SI is staffed with a group of guerrila fighters :p

I won't be buying it unless SI change its name. I am morally opposed to the letter 'O' and feel they should pick a name that doesn't use it.

How exactly do you propose this works? Feetball Manager perhaps? Men using their appendages, hit a ball at a net Manager maybe? I prefer the second, more punchy title personally

We've seen a picture of Che on footballmanager.net, that doesn't mean that they will be releasing the box with him on though.

TBH, I very much doubt that SI would even consider actually putting Che's face on the cover for the game, IMO, his picture on footballmanager.net is just a marketing gimmick to get us all excited and talking about the game even more than we already were

Its funny when you click on that link, it says...

Developer:

Publisher: Sega

Surely they must know Sports Interactive make it by now?

Actually that's right...Sega is the publisher. Sports Interactive is the developer :)

Who can find the earliest estimated release date on the net? I have october 17th at http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=966410

actually i think that is the earliest because shopto.net (from where i pre-ordered) have 31st october.

this is just estimate though because they know that the last few FM releases have been released either end october or early november so they pick a couple of friday's in that time period and they guess.

however one positive thing is that next wednesday we will be given the actual release date from SI so development is quite advanced for SI to be able to give a release date already.

we know it's before Xmas so we'll have to wait and see but it's the first time i remember that SI give an actual date on the first announcement.

i believe that the game is close to going gold at the moment because they usually give the release date a couple of weeks before the game actually goes gold. :D

Archived