Signing "Not Interested" Players

I've just signed Dos Santos for Sevilla after he continually refused contract renewal offers from Barcelona. as the title suggests, he was "not interested in a move". i was allowed to offer up to £70K as he was a "definite purchase" according to my assman, but i offered £50K and a little bit more than his current apps/goals bonuses. i was shocked to return from the loo after pressing continue to discover that he was "delighted" to agree terms and had signed for us for free.

i'm also running the italian league, and Adriano requested a transfer from Inter. they set an asking price of just £1.4M, which is too good to turn down for a 27 year old with a 5* recommendation. i placed the bid which was inevitably accepted. he also had "no intention of joining sevilla", and i was allowed to give him 99K. i offered more than the 72K he is on at inter and nearly double his apps/goals bonuses of £7.25K. he flat out refused. i then tried to loan him. inter accepted, but again he refused.

i know adriano has a favorite club called... Real Madrid, but why then would a barcelona youngster sign for a title rival after stating his disinterest in the move, yet adriano, who asked to leave inter, doesn't want to go anywhere? i'll try giving him 99K and maximum everything next time (he might not be worth it to anyone else, but my strikers are over the hill) since i can afford one 100K p/w player.

i also got a disinterested sergio ramos in my arsenal gamesave, but on £125K p/w for £27.5M not £0.0M like Gio.

whats the best "not interested" player y'all have signed?

Only player i can't get hold of is Pato. I'm Man Utd. in 2011 and he just wont come (Even though i've won every competition i've ever entered - therefore better than his club in the game). I could get him relatively cheap at the start of the game but the more he plays the more his price goes up. No matter what bid gets accepted and what wages i offer him, he just wont leave his beloved Milan! Are some players just impossible to sign or is it just that he doesn't like my club?

I try not to sign disinterested players, as I don't generally like to break open my wage structure for the sake of a couple of superstars. Ruins team cohesion. My lads all get on fine in the dressing room and envy isn't a part of the atmosphere at my club.

I have figo and veron as experienced backup players, and they get paid backup wages.

well, i bid for adriano again, and he wants 50K on a 4 year deal, which i think is very reasonable. i think its because inter changed his status to "not needed". i am not expecting him to accept, i predict he'll want closer to his current wage. but if he does sign, i've found a very inexpensive solution to my sttriker problem.

i'm 135K under the wage budget btw.

I pursued Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the ends of the earth and he was never interested. Then I heard (news) that he had falled out with the assistant at Inter...I stated I wanted to sign him at all costs, made a big bid £40m), it was accepted and he signed within days! :)

Overall took me almost two years to do. :D

Huntelaar, was not showing up as a player that wanted to come in my shortlist, having only Owen's after Martins went to another team, I really needed another striker and he was the only one I never got before, I just put in a bid for $40 million, and he agreed to come over for a $125,000 a week (Owens is like $195,000 a week)

Same with Jean II Markon, was not interested I praised him after a match he had the same day I offered a contract, 2 days later he agreed to come to Newcastle over At. Madrid.

well, adriano decided to warm the bench in the reserves at the san siro than take £85K p/w. good luck to him.

@ Management: in the case of sergio ramos not wanting to come, he showed no signs of homesickness straight from the start when i got him. he made a real difference to my squad, and even though he has been dropped due to me rejecting a bid and him throwing a strop, he was indispensible for 4 years.

sometimes a single player can change your fortunes.

i am a total arsene wenger, i sign youngsters and build them up, and a lot end up with me, arsenal and each other as favoured personnel, so thats a big help to team cohesion. i dont want a player at my club who doesnt want to be there

I never get the chance to buy Micah Richards. Not because he doesn't want to, but because Man City just doesn't let him go. It's incredibly frustrating. And I don't want to spend more that € 40 million on 1 player so I'll probably never get the chance either.

if they're not interested, i take the hint and move on, i don't even bother, because it may cause to not settle at the club if he does come...

I don't know that it works that way. Should, but I don't think it does.

Getting repeated bids for a player accepted will unsettle them nicely I've found. So make friends with their gaffer and keep him on the auction block. At some point he'll be fed up with being perceived as unwanted and beg to leave.... maybe even for you!

bojan and pato are far too loyal on this game, bojan can be signed on a free a few seasons in but they're still too loyal for a game.

that aside, my best "not interested" signing is huntelaar as well. third season in with fulham, milan were never playing him and he was unhappy. milan kept offering bids but he wouldn't join, and then about six months of constant persuing, he signed for 15M! :)

"not interested" players are great to find and sign (especially for the smaller clubs). The only difference between them and other signings is that you have to fill out the contract specifics yourself. If you click on "get scout report" twice, you will see how much the player would ask for. Just offer him that and he'll sign. You can sign some great players this way.

bojan and pato are far too loyal on this game, bojan can be signed on a free a few seasons in but they're still too loyal for a game.

bojan was out of contract for 2 seasons in my arsenal game. rejecting their offer and mine. he eventually signed for barcelona again for £10.5K p/w, which made me laugh since i offered £75K+. but two years is far too long for a player of his ability at such a big club to be out of contract on fm. it would never happen irl with such a high profile player at a club like barcelona (examples to disprove that statement in list-form please. :)).

i also hate when you are running multiple playable leagues and a player who isn't playing any games for his italian team doesn't want to join you when his club accepts bids... then when he is interested his club would rather he rot on the bench than play any games, stating his importance to the 1st team.

I think it's because they are so much in love with their club. It's harder if the club is listed as their favourite. I always play as Milan and players from rival clubs such as De Rossi, Buffon, Mexes and so on seem interested to come to my club but the player that has never had an intention is Zlatan. I've tried everything possible but he just won't leave Inter. I've also noticed that other clubs don't bid for him on my saves.

Archived