Unhappy...and so?

When a player is unhappy because he wants to move to a bigger club and he even requested to be transfer listed, does his performances worsen if you keep playing him or is it just a cosmetic feature in the game?

I'm currently playing in Italy's Serie C1 and my best player wants to move forward. He's getting requests even from Serie A!

don't know about fm08, but in earlier games players would improve drastically after they had secured a future transfer. on fm08 however, i've not seen much difference in sergio ramos' performances and he's wanted to leave for about a year. i have recently dropped him for a few games, just in case.

What's strange is that near his name there's the 'Unh' tag which means he's unhappy, but on the other side his morale is good (or sometimes very good) due to some good team performances.

Another worrying aspect is that his contract will expire in 1 year, therefore if his unhappiness persists I'd rather sell him in Summer other than lose him on a free tranfer, however what a pity though!!! I'll try to get promoted to Serie B...who knows...;)

I had a top level striker who in his first season averaged nearly a goal a game, then during the second season he started getting itchy feet and Arsenal became interested. He then scored 4 in his first 13 games before banging in a hat-trick against Arsenal, since then 2 in 6. Looks like he'll get his wish in the next window.

DJdemarco is right, that's why someone on your shortlist always seems to have a blinder agaisnt your team, they are trying to impress you.
I better get rid of all the players I have on my shortlist which I seem to have to play against then.

As for the OP, it depends on the player, I guess. Some players perform lousy as soon as they have secured a transfer. It's sometimes better to just dump them in the reserves and don't bother even looking at them, since they're not motivated at all, and just do whatever they want.

Other players suddenly start playing like they've never played before, after saying they don't want to renew their contracts. That's how Mads Junker launched himself into the favorite players of my board ... and then accepted an offer somewhere in Greece, where he gets paid double as much as what I offered him.

Archived