Extremely Annoying.

Ok, so we're on the last day of the transfer window, So I do my usual, and check the players that are interested in me.

I come across an 18 year old striker, who looks like he could be Phenominal, and plays for Crystal Palace, who are situated a division below me.

With 18 hours until the transfer windown closes, I bit £5,500,000 + 50% of next fee for the striker, expecting Palace to come back almost instantly with their reply, as happens so often on deadline day.

However, this wasn't the case. As usual, the amazing AI saw my bid, and 9 other clubs proceeded to bid for the Striker. Ok, not a problem, I'm £150,000 pw under my wage budget, so can offer him a massive contract when the opportunity arises.

I click continue.

The time of me clicking continue was 9.00 am on Sunday 31st Jan 2027.

the next time shown was 10.00 am on Sunday, 31st Jan 2027 - and I receive the following string of messages.

- Sunderlands Watt's offer Accepted.

- Watts set for Sunderland

- Sunderland Sign Watts

I am not Sunderland :mad:

I can't explain how angry I am. I bid first, yet I never even got the message "Crystal Palace have Rejected [CLUB X's] Offer"

Its just not been recognized. I've never seen anything like it. Usually, the Players Club will accept all offers (or at least the ones that they see fit).

The worst thing....

My bid was £5,500,000 + 50% (Which according to FM's calculations is £2,750,000) - So a total of £8,250,000.

Sunderlands bid?

£3,500,000 (and maybe clauses, which it usually states, but hasn't).

So I've offered nearly triple. This game really gets on my tits sometimes.

Yea.

Oh, and forgot to mention in my Opening Post.

I went to my Transfer Center to check what they had made of the bid (as it retains information from all transfers, weather it be an inquiry, Rejected or anything) - and yet again, theres no recollection that I even made a bid.

I KNOW I MADE A BID. :(

He's so good too. After looking harder at him, and getting my scouts to scout him more, I've noticed he's two footed, has 4 PPM's, (Almost unheard of for Regens) and plays ST Natural, but has "Awkward" for AM LRC M LRC and DM. So could easily be retrained for anywhere, almost. :(

Gutted.

transfer market is biased, sucks but it's how it is and i just love when i bid for a player from other team from same league and they say they dont want to sell to a team from the same league and then couple of hours later they bid one of my players lol

I've had this happen more than a few times, btw if you hadn't bid they wouldn't of either (you probably knew this - this actually stretches as far as a players contract running out and noone bidding for him UNTILL you do). I get revenge by bidding for EVERY player that another team bids for thats on my shortlist (players I often don't even really want/ would prefer to buy later {for any number of reasons}), I have hijacked so many transfers this way and it almost makes up for all those players that 'got away'.

by the by the most ludicrous example of this I've had was me bidding 2million for a player and being rejected (not rivals of the selling team, different division) and a bid of 500k accepted by a team in THE SAME LEAGUE, the guy didn't go but that was just downright ridiculous.

yeah i've had it a few times before, and not always at the end of the transfer window either... make bid, someone else bids, and before yours has been accepted, he's negotiated, agreed and swanned off to another club!! i was seething the first time... not its a case of "oh bugger off then i didnt really want you anyways" and throw the mouse at the wall...

Gutted - have ahd this happen a couple of times to me too, sometimes the AI just ignores your bid, which is a bot daft tbh as the other bids it accepts are often lower. Suspect it could be a bug as it doesn't happen that often.

Archived