is FMM acurate?

i ask because in my game i had a 17 year old regen goalkeeper who looked good. i look at his PA via FMM and it says its 180. brilliant i say.

when he turned 20 years old i had another look to see what his CA was and noticed his PA was now 181.

a year later it's gone up to 182.

so is this an inaccuracy with FMM or does PA rise and fall?

i've also noticed it with a regen midfielder of mine who went from 178 to 182

This is very, very interesting considering the PA debates I've just been having in a couple of other threads. Personally I think this must be a problem with FMM because using mini scout I did some checking into PA's over many seasons and only one players PA changed. This was a player who'd had a lot of injuries as a youngster and his PA dropped from about 180 to 131.

I don't know for certain though, but all the research I've done has shown PA to never increase, only very rarely decrease.

I've had a few games where I've used Genie scout and never ever seen a players PA go up. I know PA can drop by injuries etc but I'm pretty certain it can't rise. I could be wrong, there could be rare example where it can, but I wouldn't know what would cause it.

I cant tell you how happy this thread makes me :)

About 2 years ago, when I used Genie scout for something just like this, I can 100% Guarantee Ronaldinho's P.A went up according to Genie. (It wasn't meteoric, obviously, but by a few points). I couldn't prove this, as I wouldn't ever take a screen shot of something "just in case" something else happened, but I swore by it.

I got a barrage of "You're lying", "Prove it", etc etc posts thrown at me, and was basically told I was a big fat liar, and that its impossible for P.A To change.

(Oh, except, P.A can apparently drop - if a player has a serious injury, squashing qualms of static P.A - but still not enough to apparently prove my point).

Now you say this. It leads me to 2 outcomes.

1. P.A is not static. Small small changes are possible.

2. Genie / FMM are inaccurate, and could possibly offer a different P.A depending on certain aspects of the player.

i'm pretty sure that SI have categorically said that PA in their game does not change.

but there's a small part of me that thinks they may be misleading us. in a nice sort of way of course. a way that says 'we wont give all the information because its not really relevant'. not wholesale misinformation sense.

i'm just interested whether anyone can give a definitive answer.

i'm more inclined to believe it was an inaccuracy in fmm to be honest. i can see a player's pa going down, thats fair enough, owing to injuries etc... but im not sure how it would go up??

I've tested this ... in game.

I had a Assistant with s.o.p: 19 and s.o.a:18. Now... He told me one of my regens had current ability: 1 star(silver) and potential ability: 2 stars(gold).

Nothing special I thought but decided to train him anyway seeing he was pretty fast.

6 months later his stats went up a little. And I asked my assistant again. Now he said:

Currenty ability: 2 star(silver) (Logical seeing he improved) but... Potential ability: 4 stars(gold)!!! ... What on earth?

I've tested this ... in game.

I had a Assistant with s.o.p: 19 and s.o.a:18. Now... He told me one of my regens had current ability: 1 star(silver) and potential ability: 2 stars(gold).

Nothing special I thought but decided to train him anyway seeing he was pretty fast.

6 months later his stats went up a little. And I asked my assistant again. Now he said:

Currenty ability: 2 star(silver) (Logical seeing he improved) but... Potential ability: 4 stars(gold)!!! ... What on earth?

that happens a lot because its based on someones OPINION of the player. we were talking about external tools... genie scout,and fmm. they give you the players pa and ca, so you get a concrete picture of just how good they can be...

But why would a computer-simulated 'opinion' change? ... I mean ... a scout (which is just nothing more that a computer system to be fair) tells me: "This guy wont even break through" and half a year later (scout stats didnt change) he tells me: "Great future blabla"

because thats how its designed to be!!!!! its supposed to be realistic, and no scout/coach/assman on this planet gets it right every time. if they did, there would be no market for the external tools like genie and fmm... you could just ask your scout

This is very, very interesting considering the PA debates I've just been having in a couple of other threads. Personally I think this must be a problem with FMM because using mini scout I did some checking into PA's over many seasons and only one players PA changed. This was a player who'd had a lot of injuries as a youngster and his PA dropped from about 180 to 131.

I don't know for certain though, but all the research I've done has shown PA to never increase, only very rarely decrease.

See? I KNEW it wasn't just me who thought this happened!

i also find scouts opinions are also based on the players CA.

i looked at an irish goalkeeper who had a CA of 26 but a PA of 178.

i doubt any coaches in real life would look at someone with a CA of 26 and say 'they certainly have potential'. because they certainly aren't showing any ability at that point in time

scouts only work out potential based on how they look now.

you could say rooney had potential because at age 16 he was head and shoulders above the average player of his age and postition.

if they dont show any talent at a certain age then its not likely they will be singled out as having good potential.

this is why alot of players in real life that are targeted as having potential fall by the wayside. because they look at at a young age but then stop improving.

Archived