Weird results

After playing my recent game(in season 3) ive noticed a number of results that would just never ever happen IRL. They were

Valletta(Maltese team) 2-0 Valencia

Libertas(San Marino team) beat Arsenal 6-3 on aggregate to qualify for uefa cup the then drew with Madrid 2-2 in the group stages

Ive also seen a team from Kazakhstan reach the knockout stages of euro cup!

Has anybody else seen a strange result?

This one is weirdest as well as my biggest win:

I can't remember who I was playing but I was the mighty Leeds and it was 8-0 in the end. But the weird thing was that I had 5 penalties in that match and I thought for a laugh I'd let my DC (the captain) take them... and he scored every single one!

it was first time i ever played fmh 08 and it was when i was at the 3rd round of the f.a cup i noticed man u were playing deal town(kent league i think) at home they both drew nil nil at old trafford now it al depends on trust about this next result as its so ridiculous you probably wont believe it at deal towns ground the end score was 4-1 to deal town!! how pathetic!!

Talking about weird results though i once played a match on my first Arsenal career against Blackburn or somebody like that and I won 8 - 1. A pretty special result but what was weird about it was that all of the goals were scored by a regen I had called Alan Simmonds.

Damn he was an awesome player, and English too! I've never had any player score more than 5 before or since then and i've played it a lot.

Hmmm maybe not a fight fight hehe it depends on which Leeds team your on about if it's the team from the 70's - 80's then you might just win, we had a few bruisers but I think Bremner, Hunter and co might kick our arses lol. But a records fight is more what I was on about, it would be close and we've both got pretty decorative history's!

I'll give it a go

League Champions:

2004, 2002, 1998, 1991, 1989, 1971, 1953, 1948, 1938, 1935, 1934, 1933, 1931

F.A Cup:

2005, 2003, 2002, 1998, 1993, 1979, 1971, 1950, 1936, 1930

League Cup:

1993, 1987

Charity/Community Shield:

2004, 2002, 1999, 1998, 1991, 1953, 1948, 1938, 1934, 1933, 1931, 1930

European Fairs Cup:

European Cup Winners Cup:

With help from Arsenal.com on the really old ones! I'm only human lol!

oh here we go i wondered how long before a Liverpool fan turned up! :D

ok, ok your trophy haul is superior to ours but, and this is not a dig, have you ever witnessed Liverpool win the league?

I know that back on that fateful day in 1998 when Adams slammed in that fourth against Everton it was one of the best days of my life(I was 2 and 4 respectively when we won it in 89, 91, so my memories hazy at best).

I would like us to win the champions league but there's something special about knowing your the best in England over a whole season, not just one off games. Although, admittedely I was celebrating when you beat Milan, what a match that was!

Anyway I think most L'pool fans would take the league over the CL now, what about you?

:thup:

Technically (!) winning the Prem doesn't mean your England's finest. Winning the FA Cup does, because your placed amonst hundreds of teams (from the 1st Qual. round up) and only one can come out on top. The Prem proves you're better than 19 other teams and you could (like Man Yoooo did) lost to a team like Southend in a Cup.

Many people agree with that theory and many people will reject it. It's really personal opinion.

This is probably because the greyed-out players are too good. I know that's been looked at.

Yes, several of us have pointed out this problem. Happens with international teams as well.

Technically (!) winning the Prem doesn't mean your England's finest. Winning the FA Cup does, because your placed amonst hundreds of teams (from the 1st Qual. round up) and only one can come out on top. The Prem proves you're better than 19 other teams and you could (like Man Yoooo did) lost to a team like Southend in a Cup.

Many people agree with that theory and many people will reject it. It's really personal opinion.

well seeing as your in a league based on how good you are (not being relegated) means that you must be the best in england, because all those teams under you in your league, and in other leagues, obviously arent as good as you if there not in the top division, fighting for top place...

to be the best in the country you have to win the top league title, cups can have teams that win by luck or even penalties with the other team having the majority of the game and chances but to then get beat on penalties this does not make the other team better because they won the shoot out! To be the best you have to play the best!

Well I believe to be the best you have to prove you can beat anyone

Hence, why Leeds are the best :D

So if Vauxhall motors beat Leeds in the FA Cup would that make them the best in the country?

• 2 weeks later...
You'll have to ask the Utd fans that question :D

Well, erm...injuries!!

Seriously though, Sir Alex doesn't give a *Insert your own word here* about the FA Cup or League Cup. His only concern is the Premier League and Champions League. Also, the FA Cup and League cup, though pitting you against hundereds of teams, not as much as the League, as though you are against 19 other teams, then you have 24 more in Championship, another 24, another 24 then, you have all the leagues below conference, who are yet to worm into recognised leagues and so you have literally hundereds of teams in leagues that, if they were promoted each season, would be able to reach the premiership.

So, Man Utd are champions of England, which is hundereds and hundereds of teams, and also Europe, which is the best teams out of the hundereds of teams out of each country and so hundereds of teams + hundereds of teams = More teams than enter the FA and Leagu Cup. :cool:

Champions of England because of the Premier League? The hundreds of teams you refer to don't actually play you in a season (2 games)! In the FA Cup any one of them could end up in the final proving they are better than the others in England. In the Premier League, it is 20 teams and the winner is the best of them 20. In the FA Cup final, the Premier League champions could be pipped to the Cup by a team in a lower League thus proving that team is the best in England by not only beating all the others (not literally) to the final but then beating the Premier League champions.

Being beaten in a cup game by lower league opposition means you weren't better than them over the 90 minutes. There are no excuses in the cups. If there is... why bother having them?

Champions of Europe, I'd agree with. Because one season, thousands of teams try to qualify in their respective country via the top League and the Cup. Then the teams that do qualify are playing teams from different countries in the same boat so to speak. The winner is rightfully crowned the Champions of Europe.

Archived