Coaches - Reputation or Stats?

Yeah stats definitely, I actually find that often the "World class" coaches are not as good stat wise as some others who only have "National" reputation, and I have noticed marked differences in player progression when using coaches with poorer stats but higher rep, I've done some experiments me :)

But yeah, stats are a lot more useful when gauging how the coaches will perform

Get high stats lower rep.

I got some coaches at the start of the game on National I think, and now they are World Class (2012), dont know how they get this, just as the team gets more successful or something.

This process increases if you put them in charge of Under18s, Reserves as they win cups and so forth, I have noticed this and a coach I got that was good with youngsters took over my Under18s, from here he has dominated the Under18s league and became a World Class Coach

Always go for attributes! Remember that reputation changes over time so if you pick up a sound unproven coach, he could end being a world class coach in a couple of seasons, whereas it will take longer for an older world class coach to improve their attributes.

Depends what you are looking for really. I have a combination of World Class coaches and then others with stats galore. If you have World Class coaches more players are interested in joining you as they boost the rep of your club.

Use the world class coaches to help get the players, use the others to train em up.

Has anyone noticed a difference in the players produced in the player search function when using "ask assitant to filter players interested" thingy? I.e. will a World Class asst provide more suggestions than a National assistant?

It's similar to what Midge sais, but is it that they know of more players because they are better at their job, or that the players are interested because the Asst is World Class?

Archived