When the referee is totally on your side

It's Champions Leage 2nd qualifying round. My Salzburg faces Kaunas. Even despite domination, the first leg in Austria ends with home win 1:0. So in the second leg...

It's 4th minute. I get a penalty. Report says it's controversional.

1stpenaltymh9.th.png

Pitak doesn't score, goalie punches it away...

1stmissbm5.th.png

...but that's OK, because he gets to the rebound, holds up ball for a bit and passes it to Vonlanthen... Penalty! Again controversional...

2ndpenaltygn4.th.png

Pitak is preparing for his second penalty, then suddenly Ramonas pushes Ivanschitz... Red card!

redcardsr5.th.png

Plus Pitak scores on his second attempt.

Nice!

I've certainly had a game or two where it felt like my chairman must have bribed the ref ;) ... I wonder whether that's just random luck, or if there really are referees with bias built into the game? (Or, perhaps, referees who "learn" biases based on previous experiences with a team?)

Jammy get :D

For a while I was convinced that if I always agreed with the ref's 'controversial' decision I was more likely to get something go my way. Devoid of logic I know but this game can make you see patterns that don't exist and develop a Fergie-esque siege mentality.

Are you sure you're not managing Manure. They are the only team the refs seem to go for.

Yawn!!

I actually beat Utd in the CL with Barca because of a dodgy ref decision, I was 3-0 down from the first leg and some how got it back to 3-3 in the second leg. Extra time came and in the 120th minute I was preparing myself for penalties when Messi dived in the box, got a penalty and slotted it home :p

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/Nomis07/Amazing.jpg

I love having blind refs, they just dont give cards out in games and players usually get kained. I remember in FM07 a local ref hated my team and I used to always get yellow cards for nearly every player and at least one red. This was with everyone set to tackling easy. He was a bitch.

Once, in Swedish Second Division East Svealand, the referee was totally on Hammarby TFF's side!

My Enskede team wasn't doing well, but that's just stupid:

2nd minute my MC gets sent off, my DC sees yellow!

6th minute, that DC sees second yellow!

25th minute, my ST scores a goal... OFFSIDE!

then guess what? hammarby get a controversial penalty!

Archived