Non-league teams promotion

I'm sure this has been discusses somewhere previously but I just couldn't find it, the keywords are too common in football vocabulary..

Anyway, what I'm curious about is how do (or what is the mechanism/probability/score involved) non-league teams gain promotion into the last divisions of any country. Is it only related to reputation, and thus only a handfew will get cycled back and forth, or is it something that can make me hope someday my II team is going to get there?

Thanks for the answers and patience..

It's down to reputation, and only teams in the leagues directly below playable leagues will get promoted. If you want a team promoted, have them do well in cups (by loaning them players) to improve their reputation to make their promotion more likely. Not sure if this would work with a II team though.

Canvey is right but also I think there is also an element of randomness to it.

I believe that the higher reputation teams will come up more often but it's fairly random who will come up, so sometimes a team with a tiny reputation will get promoted to the playable leagues.

I once spent ages reloading so I could play with the non-league club I grew up near, which is Hitchin Town!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

C.

I think you may be correct, what i usually see in general is the higher rep clubs getting promoted and then some random ones now and again.

In a old save i had Newcastle Town promoted to the BSN ( there about 3/4 leagues below in real life) , an being a local team i just couldnt resist the challege.

I think you may be correct, what i usually see in general is the higher rep clubs getting promoted and then some random ones now and again.

In a old save i had Newcastle Town promoted to the BSN ( there about 3/4 leagues below in real life) , an being a local team i just couldnt resist the challege.

That's interesting, I was always under the impression that clubs from below the three feeder leagues could not get promoted to the BSN/S.

That's interesting, I was always under the impression that clubs from below the three feeder leagues could not get promoted to the BSN/S.

I'm not too sure on the league there are in but pretty sure it quite away down, also on FM 05 or 06 Leek Town were promoted

I find that very hard to believe without you using the editor, as only teams from the Northern, Southern and Isthmian Premier Divisions can enter the playable divisions in at least the last three versions.

If this weren't the case, I would also have managed Newcastle Town as I only live a short walk from their ground.

a bit of pre-game editing helps add a bit of variety - i switched lots of clubs round so the likes of corinthian casuals and met police were in the divisions immediately below that bsn/s, and set the reputations of all clubs that level to the same amount, so that promotion was truly random

Reputation is God.

If you doubt, edit a non-playable team with FMM to Real Madrid levels of rep, then watch them get promoted into the conference (and upwards)

Also for non full-detail leagues you can edit a teams rep up or down and they'll win by miles/get relegated by xmas. Which helps create some variety in those grindtastic long-term games.

A quick edit of Hitchins reputation saw them get three successive promotions, with very little change in their squad from the bottom of the league status they had in one save. Tried it with a few others, same effect. Tried it the other way, same effect (inversely obviously).

So play on full-detail, but edit the rep of non-league clubs if you want them promoted.

Archived