Please sort this out for 09 SI!

I think one of the few main issues arising from these boards are the inability to put together a 'career' game because of problems with regens etc but I have another problem which limits the type of career game that you can have.

The problem is this;

The board base their expectations on I assume you current reputation (0-10000) and very little if anything else. this doesn;t take into account any previous information at all as far as I can see.

For example.

If I start with my Leyton Orient team with reputation of let;s say 3000 (I'm not sure of it) and win the league everyone will be happy. If however I win the league again, win the FA cup a few years get into the champions league final, I may end up with a reputation of (8500) for example.

if then that season I 'only' achieve a mid table / UEFA cup spot and not very well in the cups that will be deemed a failure, and eveyone will be upset with me!

They would not take into account the fact that I have taken them from obscurity to near world dominance in 10 years!

Kinda take the 'romance' awa if you know what I mean?

Sorry if this is a repeat post. Didn't know what to search!

yes small clubs get very high expectations stright after winning leauges or CL.

in my cesena save i was placed 2nd in my 5th seson. i had 1 mill transfer budget and 12 mill wage budget and my board expected me to challange for a title in next to years, and the coming sesons lowest i could put in for the 12 mills was challange for title.

very bad when u have been 5-6 sesons at a **** club raising talents and showed alot of endurance and patience with game and slow regen devolping already

I think one of the few main issues arising from these boards are the inability to put together a 'career' game because of problems with regens etc but I have another problem which limits the type of career game that you can have.

The problem is this;

The board base their expectations on I assume you current reputation (0-10000) and very little if anything else. this doesn;t take into account any previous information at all as far as I can see.

For example.

If I start with my Leyton Orient team with reputation of let;s say 3000 (I'm not sure of it) and win the league everyone will be happy. If however I win the league again, win the FA cup a few years get into the champions league final, I may end up with a reputation of (8500) for example.

if then that season I 'only' achieve a mid table / UEFA cup spot and not very well in the cups that will be deemed a failure, and eveyone will be upset with me!

They would not take into account the fact that I have taken them from obscurity to near world dominance in 10 years!

Kinda take the 'romance' awa if you know what I mean?

Sorry if this is a repeat post. Didn't know what to search!

If you achieve all these in reality, chances are that you will be guaranteed a life long tenure at the club.

Being an assistant manager at first, you can get to know players and other managers, and if your team performs well, your reputation grows and you might be hired by another club as a manager.

That is what Jose Mourinho did.

I like the idea of being an AM at first but, we shouldn't be hijacking this thread to talk about it :)

Being an assistant manager at first, you can get to know players and other managers, and if your team performs well, your reputation grows and you might be hired by another club as a manager.

That is what Jose Mourinho did.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure he started his footballing career as Bobby Robson's interpreter and not his assistant manager.

I don't like the idea of being Assman. First off all, it contradicts the name of the company. SI must change the name of the game before it can add the availability of Assman. It is called Football "MANAGER".

Secondally, it would be even more boredom than International team managements. There is basically nothing you can do with out the decision of the manager. It is hard to work with AI and we have seen that in Board system; where they basically sell our key players with out consideration.

What the assman does in the game is basically what we humans can not observe in the game. Like the preseason fitness report.

I am sure it is fun but I don't think it is possible at this moment. That being said, there are a lot of other areas that needs to be fixed before even this suggestion can be considered.

Sill doesn't stop the fact that confidence etc is based on the reputation at the beginning of that season.

As you guys say. Surely '09 is the place to sort this out.

Another example is a QPR (we've got money) challenge that I was doing. won the championship 1st season. Then finished 7th in Prem and into Uefa cup. Then the following season was 5th and board were 'satisfied'.

That's rubbish basically.

Anyways.

Bring on 2009!

Archived