"Was that a foul?"

Does no-one else hate it when your asked this after the match, and all you've got to back you up is the match report?

IMO that should be done away with, and just the Dodgy Offsides kept in place...its frustrating being asked a question theres no possible way for you to get your own account of what happened! (like i said, only the match report helps)

Does anyone else feel this way?

I like replying, but i'm an outspoken manager and always disagree with the decision even if the ref was right. I do think that the match report should give us a definitive answer though, e.g. "that was offside", "that warranted a red card", that way managers can decide if they want to defend the player no matter what or give the ref a pat on the back and they will also avoid any touchline bans.

thats what i'm doing now, plus touch line bans need working on too, surley, even if you have a touchline ban you can make a sub, change tactic

You can only do that before the match starts but not during the match. I had many touch line bans so I know my stuff :p

It is indeed an annoyance. I can't see the foul so how am I supposed to know whether it was warranted or not? I recall reading somewhere that you are supposed to go by the mentality of the player who complains about the decision, in order to know whether or not he is telling the truth, but that sounds like a load of bobbins to me.

I choose to ignore such questions myself, opting for the Wenger esque 'I didn't see it' response.

I 'don't want to comment' or 'didn't see the incident' if it goes against me, or 'think the ref was correct' if the decision goes in my favor.

Sometimes the message makes it quite clear that the decision really went against you, then when 'I'm angry' or say 'it ruined the game' or something 'the FA are silent' and don't warn me - then I know the ref really made a mistake. But any other time I get warned/fined if 'I'm outraged' or something like that.

It's quite useless in the form it is right now.

Archived