Player Diving - 'Ungentlemanly conduct'

Is there anyway to stop players diving?

I have a very promising newgen who is ripping up the Bundesliga atm, but dives far too often. He doesn't need to dive as he can easily get past players with his speed and skill.

So far, at Christmas break, he has gotten 5 yellows directly relating to diving and two in one match resulting in being sent off. There have been numerous times he hasn't been booked but the commentary have stated that he, 'Went down like he was shot'.

I want to have a conversation with him, but nothing is present. "Stop diving, or your out". I guess he has a poor sportsmanship hidden attribute?

Other than a warning / fine for the red card, I don't believe anything can be done. Except maybe some tactical changes like setting his run with ball to rarely but of course this could negate some of his attacking play.

I'd just sell him.

He didn't get enough game time when he was younger and I didn't tutor him as I wanted to keep his Determination at max. I will eventually sell him though as I have a few promising German newgens and Reus is always there.

He didn't get enough game time when he was younger and I didn't tutor him as I wanted to keep his Determination at max.

Determination means nothing if he has poor mental attributes. Surely though, your scout/coaches should have picked up on his (possible) poor hidden attributes? A tricky one, as he is too old to have anything done about it now.

They just state that he is selfish and not willing to help the team, eg. low bravery and teamwork.

He is a one trick pony, run fast down the wing and score, so when that stops he will be sold. Would be nice to be able to tell him to cut it out though. He has more bookings than anyone at the club this season, including my defensive midfielder. Only a few of those bookings relate to poor tackles.

I have never had a player in FM dive so much.

Archived