what do you do?

I've been managing Stockport for 22 seasons and just won the community shield, European super cup, world club championship, league cup, FA cup, champions league and premier league. I've decided I want to try and dominate for a few years yet rather than quit at the point where I've won everything. Interested to know what others do.

If I do a one club save I tend to hang around until I get bored of winning all the time and then start a new save. I think that others may move to another country and try to dominate that league in a similar style.

After the first title it becomes about developing the players for me and trying to mould a generation of youths into suitable players for a particular style I want to play. I find this much more long term and rewarding due to me only every using youths who come through my own ranks.

22 seasons is a long time the only save I play for that long or longer involve me moving from club to club. Once some users get their club into a dominant position they do things to keep the save challenging like only buying English players or only using players from their own academy.

That sounds like an interesting one actually. I may try limiting my transfer options that way. I mean Liverpool are currently throwing money round like its going out of fashion, I had a top of the table clash with them yesterday - I won 10-0!

Generally I'd go for dominance and seeing how far I can push it. Recently left Milan because Serie A was disappointingly easy to win every year and even the CL (though not quite winning it every time) seemed to pose little challenge (this with an U21 signing policy and with the side having been mid-table for literally years so that's not as inevitable as people may think), so I really wanted to seek something different. However that was a rather extreme exception.

After the first title it becomes about developing the players for me and trying to mould a generation of youths into suitable players for a particular style I want to play. I find this much more long term and rewarding due to me only every using youths who come through my own ranks.
I always look for long term goals, ambitious stuff like winning everything with just youth products or raising the reputation of an entire nation.

Those have always been the goals for me. I find youth development to be the most fun part of the game.

Archived