Free players go on trial with club

I often get agents offering me players that are free agents.

Would be cool if they just came in as a trial player and you get a message saying, "Free agent [x] has joined the club on trial" then you can go suss them out.

My point is it's very tedious and time consuming the way it works now. I get the offer of a free agent an awful lot. It eats up the news reel.

Looking for ways to get things out of the news reel. I loathe the way it's done now. I get about 20 offers of players every week.

I don't think the manager would be dealing with this.

Perhaps it could be something the Assistant could look after in the Team Policy?

He'd decide if a player is ok to come on trial.

Didn't mean to suggest that every free player would just randomly turn up.

You can't - I've already turned off filtering of offers, and I still get an awful lot.

I've turned off all subscrpitions too. But get an awful amount of random players being offered by clubs, not just agents.

Perhaps it could be "Would you like to take this player on trial" rather than a direct offer to sign him, a player you've never heard of.

Or what about this.

Players that offered from another club - they go into a list. Your scouts automatically pull out old footage and stats and give them a rating etc. The screen shows players on the left hand side, and select them it brings up the scout report on the right hand side of the screen.

Similarly for players offered on Free from clubs or agents.

Then you only get 1 news message a week about players for cash or for free, rather than what I get, which is usually 2 or 3 a day.

I had to cut all my subscriptions to leagues, games, leagues, players etc. cos I was getting 40 messages every 2 days in the transfer window. Which means from June to August, it was in excess of over 500 messages, that I just disregard. Took me a while holding down F4.

It's literally insane - I think something has to be done about the news reel.

Well when you get offered them you can offer them a trial which is basically the same . Otherwise you could end up with way too many trialists clogging up the reserve or youth team . No club just lets people train with them they do not know or want

For me far too many of the people offered are way below the standard of your squad and the game is offering them just because it feels it has to offer players regularly

Archived