How do teams get youth players with different nationality?

How is this possible in the game? I already knew it could happen but it got my attention again when i noticed i had a left back from America in my youth candidates in my Liverpool save, now i know the owner of Liverpool is American so maybe thats why?

anyways i looked at Man United and saw 2 Dutch youth players and a player from France. These werent signed from another youth team they started their careers at United

how is it possible to achieve this if i wanted players from another country to come through my youth team without signing them? .. Affiliated clubs? Nationality of scouts and where they scout or have scouted?

if information about this is in another thread i apologise and could someone point me in the right direction.

Currently playing in France, have a Colombian coach on staff, and had a Colombian/French player come through my academy who has that coach listed as favored personnel. Have also had a number of French/African and French/Caribbean kids, though I think that's fairly normal for French clubs...

It's hilarious when I'm managing Barcelona or something, there'll be a few players coming through with Irish nationalities. Although Barcelona only had one Irish player in their entire history, I think?

Kind of amusing.

Archived