Resting Players

hi guys, I have a lot of different training schedules with players on and when I feel the whole team needs to rest, I get fed up of having to do it load of times, is there a way to assign the whole team to rest at once despite all being on different schedules?

On your squad page left click-shift to highlight every player & then right click to select the rest options on the training sub-menu.

edit: or what Drazkul said, forgot about that option.

On your squad page left click-shift to highlight every player & then right click to select the rest options on the training sub-menu.

edit: or what Drazkul said, forgot about that option.

This is the best option as there's no point resting youth players that are at 100% condition. CTRL+A then hold CTRL and deselect the players that don't need a rest. I use the SHIFT method, as Barside said, when I have a ECC game few days later and then deselect the goalkeeper and subs that didn't get any minutes.

If you train them harder, they won't need rest every week. I have little experience with amateur and semi-pro clubs, but Boavista were semi-pro the first season and they became very tired after each match the first 5 or so games, until I designed a better part-time training program for them. They then became even more tired for a few weeks, but after that period I had no problems with condition at all. Rather... there weren't enough games! Once a week is barely enough to maintain match fitness.

If you rest them after every match, their fitness levels (hidden) will only become worse. By that logic, they shouldn't have workload at all since they would then be 100% fit faster. But that is not how it works, obviously. Work them as hard as you can as long as you avoid injuries in training. Ignore the complaints.

Be careful using the "rest everybody" calender option - my whole squad got stuck on 95% fitness for the whole second half of the season the one time i used it. (bug?) had to use FMRTE to fix.

I only rest players who play (all teams) 1 day rest. will try the "shift" idea above - sounds quicker (sort by fitness)

I ignore it completely, and just send people on holiday whenever they have an Rst icon on the day of a match.

It means I have to reorganise my team at short notice, but the way I figure if they're still in need of a rest on the day of a match then they really need a rest.

Archived