If Messi had played at the Euros

gillsminnow

Do you think he would've been player of the tournament (so far)? Do you think he'd approach games differently to the other players out there? Do you think he'd be top scorer? Do you think it'd ruin his new club season if he were to play? Do you think he would break any records? Do you think he'd provide the spark we're missing this tournament? Do you think he'd enjoy playing at the euros? Do you think he'd like the culture of the host countries? Do you think he'd do any great skills? Who do you think he'd pick to play for of the competing countries? Do you think he likes colouring books?

95% chance this is a joke/troll thread given recent ones, but anyway I'm going to be SERIOUSE and answer with a: it depends on the players around him, doesn't it? He'd be f*cked in Trapattoni's Ireland, whereas he'd most likely do some mega damage in Spain's team with all his club team-mates playing that peculiar style of football.

there is football going on other than the Euros you know. Messi scored a hat-trick for Argentina in a 4-3 win over Brazil's Olympic team

[video=youtube;5sELHQYL86w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5sELHQYL86w#!

The hat-trick goal was amazing.

595680492.gif?key=420252

He also played in a World Cup qualifier recently against Ecuador. He scored one, assisted one and made many amazing dribbles and passes. It was one of his best ever matches.

[video=youtube;tAd_Dh4cthQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tAd_Dh4cthQ

Back to his hattrick vs Brazil, Pele must've had a terrible time stomaching that :D

Brazil is currently also pretty modest. There is no logic in Mano Menezes's selection policy, almost everytime there are different players in the team and they are putting al there hopes and pressure on Neymar who understandable cannot cope with that yet.

I am a huge Messi fan, but this great preformance against a average Brazil team in bad form doesn't says anything to me. If you put Messi a good defending Eurpean team he will have a much harder game on his hands. I don't say its going to be impossible for him to have cracking WC in two years, but it is going to be a lot harder than a friendly against this Brazil of Switzerland.

Archived