Idea: Ass Man picks by sort category

Just thought this might be a nice addition. Surely can't be that hard to do either. Sometimes I might have a game coming up that I want to play the players who have played the least, or at best condition, or the best ability, or the best potential ability, or unhappy, or best morale, or worst morale, or something.

Be nice to just click the "sort" button for the field then say "Ass Man picks by sort"

It's such a lazy request lol. But picking a team by a certain category can take a bit of time to consider. It's not a huge change. It's something that knocks 2 minutes off.

I'm really lazy.

Be nice to be able to have perhaps a "history" of sorts.

It's just like saying to the Ass Man -

hey pick the players with high potential.

Hey pick the players with best condition

Hey pick a youth squad (for those games against much much lower opposition)

It's not a radical change. There's already the option to have the Ass Man pick the team. Why not build on that and include some options. Like "best youth", "best condition", "best ability", "best potential" etc.

It's very lazy :p

I'm not sure how useful it is though. I rarely base seletion exclusively on one factor. And there are positions to consider as well. Should someone "awkward" in a position be picked when they meet the main criterium for selection?

Great idea!

I always pick the team myself right now but a lot of my criteria I use for picking is mentioned by the OP. A button would simplify things a lot. I would like a button that says "Pick all players about to ask for 1st. team football" ha ha!

Definitely seems likes something could be added to the assistant manager picking the team.

I always thought a nice thing would be if have 4 left backs would be to "tag" them 1-4, and that would be a hidden thing, how you rate them 1 being a starter and 4 being the last choice.

That way you could tag your team with preferences for 1-? and you could say to the assistant, "please pick a team from 2-4, so that your regular starters get a rest. Or you could say, pick from 3-4 or just 4.

It would totally be up to you how you "tag" the player. But it wouldn't be something the players would know. So making a "1" player a "4" wouldn't upset them, as it's purely a cosmetic thing.

I suppose it could be an extension to the Current Ability and Potential Ability already in the game denoted by stars. Be nice to rank the players yourself and then the ass man could pick from the coaches CA their PA or from your own brand of judgement.

Archived