Will this Laptop run fine on FM12?

Well... I'm not such a computer geek so I don't know what can run a game fast. Can anyone help me to check if this laptop will run fine... http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5073252.htm

15.6 inch display.

High definition display.

Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels

Intel Celeron dual core B815 processor.

1.6GHz processor speed.

4GB DDR3 RAM memory.

500GB SATA hard drive.

Thanks

the processor is weak... so it will be slow... but it will run it

its also over priced for what it is..

for instance...

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Toshiba_Satellite_C660-2JQ_Core_i3_Windows_7_Laptop__PSC1ME-01M00KEN/version.asp

is significantly better

Thanks mate. But the other Laptop out of the way. I'll see what other people offer and see if the processor is good.

Hello guys didnt wanna make a new thread so thought id ask in here....

looking at a new laptop as mine has finally died...have about £800 to spend

Want to be able to watch the 3d match engine and about alot of leagues as i like to travel around in my personal game....any help?

many thanks

in simple terms.. yeah, kind of cemre.. but the type of processor is important too..

think of cars...

a 2 litre volvo engine wont be as effective as a 1.6 sports car engine necessarily ;)

the amount of cores need to be taken into consideration among other things

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£800 is a vast amount to spend on a lappy for fm..

if you REALLY want to spend that much... get :

an i7 processor, 6 gb ram, dedicated graphics card ..

http://www.medion.com/gb/electronics/prod/MEDION%C2%AE+ERAZER%C2%AE+X6817+15.6%22+Laptop+%28MD97894%29/30012952A1;jsessionid=F325DC9C5CE3E95956CA07D14E9B5B89.appserv27?category=do_it_yourself_102&recId=dcd76110-3e05-49f7-8d2b-34bcd389dabf that is decent enough.. if you can put up with it being a medion

but tbh... 800 quid is a huge amount to spend

you can get a lappy for half that which will breeze through fm on full 3d with 20 leagues or so running

Higher the CPU frequency, higher the performance with more leagues, am i right?

No, it isn't as simple as that ... anymore. You could perhaps say that a few years back when we only had single core processors to choose from. Now there are more that goes into the architecture of a processor that can have a big impact on performance. Even with processors with exactly the same core frequency; brand X will perform a good bit better than brand Y (I'm not saying which is better, but it's fairly well known these days) ...

Anyway; to the OP: Find a laptop with a 2.nd generation Intel Core i5 processor, and at least 4 GB RAM. Any laptop with this hardware will play FM just fine. After that, it's all about your wallet - more powerful processors will play FM a tiny bit faster with each step up.

Hello guys didnt wanna make a new thread so thought id ask in here....

looking at a new laptop as mine has finally died...have about £800 to spend

Want to be able to watch the 3d match engine and about alot of leagues as i like to travel around in my personal game....any help?

many thanks

800 pounds will give a top end laptop so they should all be very capable of running FM comfortably. You could, I suspect, get a machine a lot cheaper that could also do the job that you want, but the choice is yours.

Archived