"Thinks he should be getting more attacking training"

Did you set up your own schedules?

I have indeed. I tried to give him an individual focus on passing to calm him down but that did nothing. Previously, his individual focus had been jumping so he could win more headers at corners (something that I would consider attacking). I find the situation to be ridiculous. He's a centre back who has a job to defend. Occasionally, he may moonlight as a DM, who also has a job to defend. Who does he think he is?

Phillie Albert? :)

I'm sure some of the attacking training area's will benefit him in the long run, im assuming you have him on no attacking training at all?

To be honest, I can't be bothered babying him with a special "attacking CB" schedule, which is a shame as he was supposed to be part of my future. Save the GK, I can't think of a position less suited to attacking.

You dont need a special one, just bump a little of attacking training onto the one you have and bobs your uncle, every player should be involved in attack and defense, even the GK, your limiting your players ability with your approach. A centre back is involved in starting attacks, and attacking corners in the opp box.

You dont need a special one, just bump a little of attacking training onto the one you have and bobs your uncle, every player should be involved in attack and defense, even the GK, your limiting your players ability with your approach. A centre back is involved in starting attacks, and attacking corners in the opp box.

My CB schedule already has attacking and even shooting in it. It also has alot of physical training for the purpose of winning corners. I think I may have given you the wrong idea, my training schedules aren't so lopsided as to exclude any area of training. Also, I've never had this problem before with my schedules over 100s of hours of playing. So, it would seem that it would require a special schedule.

To be honest, I can't be bothered babying him with a special "attacking CB" schedule, which is a shame as he was supposed to be part of my future. Save the GK, I can't think of a position less suited to attacking.

Attacking training covers four attributes - Crossing, creativity, off the ball & passing.

Irrelevant of what you think or what you can be bothered with all outfield players should have a minimum of light training in this area.

Attacking training covers four attributes - Crossing, creativity, off the ball & passing.

Irrelevant of what you think or what you can be bothered with all outfield players should have a minimum of light training in this area.

...where have I said that they don't? They do. :S

Care to post a screen shot of said player? What level do you currently have attacking training set at for that schedule? I would imagine its passing the player is more worried about, have you tried maybe putting him onto passing focus for a while?

The save is on my laptop which isn't connected to the internet at the moment (I'm on my desktop right now), so I won't be able to just at the moment. The player is actually decent at skills like passing and finishing (11 in each I believe), and would even make a decent option up forward if he weren't completely incompetent in those roles (position ability wise). The schedule I am using is based on Cleon's CB schedule found in "The SI Sports Centre" thread, except it actually has a HIGHER focus on attacking. So, again, I don't really feel the schedule is to blame.

He could just be an idiot lol. My keeper used to moan about match pre not being high enough, but i never took any notice and it didnt seem to affect him.

Well, that's what I'm thinking. I'm just disappoint because he's not going to progress properly while unhappy with his schedule and I don't want to give him a schedule that doesn't suit his position. It's a no win situation. I even bumped his attacking training up to that which I have midfielders set on, and he still wasn't happy :S

If I remember an old experiment someone conducted, this unhappiness will only manifest itself in the form of a small morale drop. Some of my players complain at our very low match prep level but they still develop effectively whenever I check the attribute progression. Unless this really gets on your nerves I'd just ignore it.

Ah good, that's what mine is set on during the season. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't unnecessarily high.

I have it on high team blend during pre-season every year even if i dont sign anyone, i then change it game to game depending on who im playing but i dont see the point in having it any higher than average unless something is going wrong, even then im not sure if it makes a huge difference bumping it up, but it makes me feel better none the less :D

Have mine on "very high" during pre season, then drop down to "light" as & when the coach reminds me we can drop the level. Every time I change the levels, I also change the speciality team training options.

Very High with No Specific Focus in pre-season to get familiarity up, Very Low with Attacking Movement during the season to maximize regular training %. I don't really need match prep to do well in the games so I feel it's wasted training % for anything but the biggest of games.

Archived