A little tip for the purists.

Ever since i've played FM the Jan update bugs me because starting a new season with players i know only arrive 5 or 6 months later IRL can feel like 'cheating' to me. So i decided to choose my game start date as Sweden (February 2012) just as the transfer windows closed :). Only a small tip but i feel like a douche for not doing it before and wanted to share with you guys to as i realise other may have has the same 'problem. Again i know its very nit picky but WTH :lol:

Or just start a normal game and holiday until feb............

BTW none of this is new, even if you have just figured it out.

What do you mean by purist?

Yeah i thought it might not be but it was something i had just realised and i thought maybe some people hadn't noticed it before and i was just sharing something other people might enjoy the game for because of. By purist i just meant people who try and have it realistic as possible clearly it can never truly be 'pure' but by purist i just meant people who seek purity if you will.

He wouldnt last 3 posts, even im scared to go in there!! lol

Don't be scared ;).... just understand where they are coming from regarding their style of playing FM and it is all good. To date some of the best people I have interacted with on the forum are from LLM, and whilst I no longer play in that style, I still regard my best save ever being an LLM save, FM08 from memory.

The LLM History Q&A Thread (I won't link it, search function should find it) provides a good explanation about LLM and its' origins, quite amusing at times too.

Unfortunatley all the previous action generated in said season will have involved the new players anyway, in other words 'Djibril Cisse will still have 10-20 apps for QPR and form as such when u start in february'

This is not new for me tbh since i used to do a challenge i found on forums which involved loading Brazil league or some other january starter and picking EPL team which is bottom at Xmas and trying to save them from relegation. I remember doing it with Derby County whatever version they were in Prem with Billy Davies and Paul Jewell (maybe FM08)

nice idea tho for those unaware, im not bashing your thread, just stating that each player will have played half a season before u join anyway

The LLM way doesn't appeal to me because I don't like the idea of playing their way, but the forum itself isn't scary at all. They only ever cut down those who break the rules, and the rules are very clear for all to see.

Don't be scared ;).... just understand where they are coming from regarding their style of playing FM and it is all good. To date some of the best people I have interacted with on the forum are from LLM, and whilst I no longer play in that style, I still regard my best save ever being an LLM save, FM08 from memory.

The LLM History Q&A Thread (I won't link it, search function should find it) provides a good explanation about LLM and its' origins, quite amusing at times too.

I play in their exact style with one slight difference. I play at Newcastle...

Archived